Pics
Scovy newbie here! We have 6 "babies" that are 4 & 5 wks old. I think we have 3 drakes and 3 hens but not totally sure on the 2 younger ones yet but think they are male and female. I know it's still too soon to tell but just curious what you all think. These are my thoughts: top to bottom - female(barred chocolate), male (white w/blk spots), male (smaller dark chocolate), male(white far right), female(chocolate) and female(smaller
Gorgeous ducks!

Great that you caught him, and so fast! The towel trick works wonders, tried it myself on some big roo's, and they calmed down in an instant. Nice to have a vet-neighbor, your drake is in good hands. :thumbsup

Yes, I felt relieved to have him in out of heat and away from flies! I kicked me cats out of there for the nite. That is their litter box/feeding room normally so had to change it up. This morning I felt the utility room would never smell right again probably. Thankful I thot to lay a sheet in area and changed out a couple times. I hope my new vet neighbor still considers us friends after riding for 30 minutes to work w a less than pleasant odor in the car w crated duck. Now to clean maggots off my floor that got off sheet. I used my hubby for a “back drop” while I cornered and FINALLY for first time got a towel around Big Daddy to put into crate for travel. I feel so badly for him. But yes, he’s in much more capable hands now that can better facilitate the situation. Will keep you posted!

E8FF29AC-F41C-484B-966A-B6A3EAE671A9.jpeg
Please keep us updated!

Awesome hope they can clean him up treat his wounds and get him back to health. Maybe while he is recuperating y’all can put together a house for him so he’s protected at night. Plus looking for a few females might help him feel better to. So sorry for your loss. Predators never give up.

It is w sadness that I share w you...I gave all of your tips to vet and he appreciated it! But upon treating at his clinic this morning he discovered it did look to be a dog bite and pretty well clean thru. Back portion of Big Daddy barely hanging on. He had begun bleeding from nose and he felt it best to put him down w the extent of damage sustained. We had a good 2 years of pleasant memories w the unplanned but welcomed arrival of Big Daddy and Cleo and they will be missed! While it was our former neighbors that brought them in, it was my pleasure to be be their caretaker and inevitably family for a time. I believe Big Daddy knew he was loved beyond a doubt in his last 24 hrs! Cleo was the affectionate one and was quick to love and trust. I had once saved her from a 5’ black snake wrapped around her body trying to get her eggs! Inevitably the snake won the eggs but I won Cleo! Big Daddy cane into the knowledge tho that he too was loved. He missed Cleo a great deal so maybe this was best.

It is w sadness that I share w you...I gave all of your tips to vet and he appreciated it! But upon treating at his clinic this morning he discovered it did look to be a dog bite and pretty well clean thru. Back portion of Big Daddy barely hanging on. He had begun bleeding from nose and he felt it best to put him down w the extent of damage sustained. We had a good 2 years of pleasant memories w the unplanned but welcomed arrival of Big Daddy and Cleo and they will be missed! While it was our former neighbors that brought them in, it was my pleasure to be be their caretaker and inevitably family for a time. I believe Big Daddy knew he was loved beyond a doubt in his last 24 hrs! Cleo was the affectionate one and was quick to love and trust. I had once saved her from a 5’ black snake wrapped around her body trying to get her eggs! Inevitably the snake won the eggs but I won Cleo! Big Daddy cane into the knowledge tho that he too was loved. He missed Cleo a great deal so maybe this was best.
I feel so bad for you, I know how it feels! I'm so sorry about your losses! :hugs
Do you think you will try to get some more Muscovies?

I feel so bad for you, I know how it feels! I'm so
Oh my...I’m sorry I did not intend delete that far back! “Delete” got carried away! Guess that’s the drivers fault!
At this time, I don’t believe so. We have a full house w critters (3 dogs; one is geriatric w bone deterioration, another has occasional seizures and the 3rd young ‘un makes sure there is never a dull moment..at 70#! Also NOW a 2 cat family; daughter brought home a kitten recently.)and they all seem to have needs. Fortunately, I’m home to tend to them all! Love all our fur/feather babies!
Also, undecided on long we will make our present 5 acre home our forever home.

Back
Top Bottom