Magpie Ducks

my magpies on my lake..Sophie and Austin..they follow you (waddling) at night knowing its time to go nite nite.

my magpie, Chris (female) just recently became very aggressive toward my dog Boris. She bites at his feet and tail, chases him around the yard and has got to the point where i have to pick her up and move her away so i can take Boris inside. i also have 3 chickens, two Jersey Giants and an austrolope that we raised with her from chicks. How do i fix this? What is causing her sudden aggression? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
my magpie, Chris (female) just recently became very aggressive toward my dog Boris. She bites at his feet and tail, chases him around the yard and has got to the point where i have to pick her up and move her away so i can take Boris inside. i also have 3 chickens, two Jersey Giants and an austrolope that we raised with her from chicks. How do i fix this? What is causing her sudden aggression? Any help is greatly appreciated. 
it may be a duck thing. I have a pair of magpies a pair of cayugas and a pekin hen and they are ALL aggressive toward my blue heeler.

My ducks are fine with my other animals...but if one of my roosters doesn't stop chasing them, he is going to end up in a crock pot...I don't care if he is bantam.

Does anyone know of anyone who sells magpie hatching eggs? They are very hard to find!
If you find some good luck...I have been looking for over a year with little to no success. I don't want to have to buy from a hatchery, but I may have to in the spring so that I can get some more and hope that they are decent colored and sized. Once I have good numbers I'll close my flock and just use the eggs that they lay...but that won't be till late next year with any luck.

Back
Top Bottom