Magpie Ducks

FarmFreshEggs

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 12, 2011
Vero Beach
Anyone know where you can purches Magpie hatching eggs? I really Want some!!!
droolin.gif

I know a breeder on BYC who have them. Her name is newbyduckmom she has a magpie pair. Maybe she would sell you some
hu.gif

I have a small flock of Holderead blue Magpies (a drake and three ducks). They are with some WH ducks but the only drake is Magpie and the Magpies lay a smaller pale blue eggs. I'm not sure if that is universally true but it is true with my flock. I would be happy to send you some when they start laying again. It may be March since I am in Montana. I'd also like to run a fertility check in my own incubator for a week before sending you some from the following week. The first of the year could be a lower fertility.

Ohhh! The coveted blue egg!! I may just have to get some eggs from you too Chipotlechick!
I just have one pair and like the breed so much I would love to add another hen even though I shouldn't be thinking of adding more ducks in our limited space.

My black Magpie hen lays white eggs. She just started laying last Thursday, five eggs so far, She stopped for a couple of days when I move her and her hubby into new quarters to separate them from the rest of the flock. They hatched from eggs I bought from a prize winning local breeder, she tried to buy them back from me but they are such sweeties I couldn't part with them. I entered the drake (he's blue) in a show last summer and the judge told me he is really good, but was too young at that point and so not quite filled in enough, so he only got second place. The female has that spot on the back of her neck that I read is hard to breed out in the females, but she is the friendliest member of my flock and now she has distinguished herself by being the first to start laying, even beating out five Welsh Harlequin hens. I have to brag because I love that couple so much.

FarmFreshEggs I might be able to send you eggs too in a few weeks after they have been separated long enough, if you are interested. How big a flock do you want? ;)

Back
Top Bottom