Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Put me in please.

After a long break [I didn't even follow the NYD thread because I knew I would get hatching fever] I'm ready to set some eggs........................ any eggs.
lol.png

I moved last Nov/Dec and my birds shut their egg makers off. They are still on strike. but I hope they are laying by then; if not I'll buy some eggs. I'm supposed to pick up a dozen fertile eggs tomorrow and test drive my "new" 'bator.

My old Fridgedaire quit on me, so it's now the Fridgebator.
lol.png
l've set it up to hold just over 10 dozen eggs, but there's room to set it up for twice that many if I want to get crazy[ier].

Okay, no one says when I jump into a hobby, I don't jump with both feet....

Look what's coming next Friday, plenty of time for the next couple of hatches.

https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=63

So let me see, my first hatch was 12 chicks, I now have 45 eggs (I think the dozen free range eggs I bought were "roosterless", don't seem to have any fertility there), and now I'm planning for the Easter hatch. Do I have to count the 48 eggs I have planned between the Val/Eas hatches?

Oh wait, what about the 30 quail eggs GQF throws in as a bonus................

I already had to buy a second incubator and my DH is planning two new banks of coops/runs.

big_smile.png

Deb

Okay. Current hatch should be out weekend of 11th. Eggs lined up to go in week of the Feb 13th, out week of March 5th.

I'M IN !!!!

Now to line up eggs
wee.gif

In, in, sooooooooooooooooo in this time!
I was so tempted with the NYD hatch but just couldn't take having the chicks in the house until they were fully feathered.
wee.gif

Steve, I followed the thread, and yes it was very hard not to join in!
wink.png

I followed the NYD Hatch, too, but keeping chicks inside wasn't happening! I just kept telling myself that Easter was two weeks eariler this year than last, and I waited last year, so this year should be a breeze! We've been having some very mild weather and I'm just hoping I don't get a dozen broody hens before St. Patrick's Day even gets here!!
lol.png

I may or may not be in... SOOO TEMPTIIING!!!!! I put out an order from Meyer Hatchery and bought 3 gqf quail racks, 3 chicken racks and a wafer for my incubator... haha, if I fix that... and move my heating element on my cabinet HM... then I'll have 3 incubtors! My latest 'creation' is the PERFECT hatcher! Holds humidity at 60-69%. And within a minute after opening it it's riiight back up~ so I cand do as many week apart hatches as I want~

Buuut if my VTD and GHD eggs have a good hatch rate, I probably ont join. I'll have to get rid of the biddies first... aw what the heck! I'm in!!!!

Hey, has anyone had problems receiving forum updates? I haven't gotten ANY updates from anything since yesterday afternoon... it's annoying me to pieces!

Back
Top Bottom