Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Morning everyone! Candled last night and have 9 yeses, 4 clear, and one cracked one that passed...

So, with lots of luck and hatching dust, I will get 9 more fuzzy butts!
celebrate.gif

How about this cute little face? This is KitKat, she's due in August.

Deb
AK Michelle---Sorry Deb, she needs to come live with me. She matches the dogs.

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
"SHe matches the dogs" and Alpaca love the cold and snow!!

You can get white whole wheat flour and substitute it for up to half of the white flour without much alteration in the quality or taste of the dough.

I was thrilled to try the white wheat, less of a nutty taste than the red wheat. WHen I make whole wheat bread, red wheat is the way to go! Other baked goods get white wheat. I tried the white wheat in cookie dough and the scoops of dough ( sm ice cream scoop) held the domed shape!! Fun to eat!

Ok someone asked about an egg stuck in turner...i have one. And it feels glued in...i'm thinking weeping egg? But it doesn't smell. So should I just leave it be till the hatch is done or take all the eggs out and wash that turner till the egg comes out?

Funny fact. I set most eggs on the 17th, and some on the 19th. Half of the 19th ones are in my HM and half have been moved to my hovabator which has had those massive heat spikes. Day 17 eggs are running a little cool I think. So. Day 17 eggs Day 19 hovabator eggs look about the same development. Day 19 HM eggs a little behind. So I guess temps really do affect the development of the eggs!

We are having major micro bursts! Power, please stay on!
fl.gif
Huge Pine Tree across the street, please stay up!

Penelope looks awesome! Good job!

I've only ever had to cull one chick... it was a bad experiment... left an egg on the counter for about 10 days (I was going to blow it out but didn't get around to it). Put it under a broody along with some other eggs and it hatched with a twisted neck and one part of its body (?where it was stuck to the shell for 10 days?) had no fur and you could see the muscle development was weak there. Momma kept throwing it out of the nest, so I brought it in for 24 hrs and tried to help. It was beyond help. It would twist and basically stand on its head. I knew the outcome so I culled it quickly.

Thanks, I've worked hard with her. I almost hate to go to work this morning and leave her for the day. I did choose the best picture of her, in several she was still standing on her hock. It's her right leg that's messed up and still crosses behind at times. So she stands on her left hock with her left wing extended to stabilize. Pretty clever for a litte chick, she could be a tightrope walker.

I do think she'll make it and be able to integrate with the younger group of chicks brooder. They are about a week younger than her and shouldn't overpower her too much.

Deb

Good looking bread Ron... If I hadn't already had dinner I'd be in the kitchen figuring out how to bake that bread... minus the starter
sad.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just fed the chickens. I'm thinking that one of my SFH is going to end up blind.

Got 9 eggs. My Icelandic, "Kola-dos" laid her first egg in over 3 weeks. YAY.
By this time next year I'll be rolling in Icelandic eggs.

DS#2 is living in Orem with his cousin for a month. I hope my son will be an influence for good with him. My nephew is a decent kid, he just wanders off track every now and then.

DS#3 who should be in Mexico on his mission, didn't get his visa so he left the language training center in Provo and he's in South Salt Lake until his visa comes through!

Bator is back up to 100. YAY.

Well, we have over 101,000 views on this thread now. By next week we will have broken last years record for posts. We should also pass the Old Fashioned Broody Hatch thread in both posts and views by next week.

And while some of you say you can't keep up, I have read EVERY SINGLE POST in this thread.

And it wasn't easy!!

It's past time for a nap!! There is your Mahonri update, like it or NOT!

Luv y'all,

M
DS#2 just may do the trick..have seen great results in great examples.
smile.png

Is your DS that is stuck in SLC for a while able to teach? He's heading for Mexico? Our son is filling out papers, and I noticed they asked where dad served. It was Canada..so, I'm guessing you learned some Spanish for yours? Where did you go? And have to ask, what part of Mexico is he going to? This is our baby leaving this year..I'm getting pretty nervous..my baby! Can't believe I had him at my age, but glad I did. He's keeps us young, and he tells us we are the best parents ever.
tongue.png

Still windy out there! Power, stay on! Remember micro burst in Utah?

Good Morning all!

400 posts later...

Thank you for all the well wishes, I appreciate it. The service was lovely, and a wonderful celebration of life. The service was at a newer stake in Gilbert, and I swear I saw half my highschool orchestra in the congregation. It was wonderful to see how many people showed up to pay their respects to an old-old friend.

Nothing of note happened all weekend, except I had 8 or 9 of Boston Bryce's (formorly Mahonri's) FCBMs hatch, and only 1 BBS Ameracuana. I spent yesterday just sapped of energy, and read a bunch of cruddy books for entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom