Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Picture time!!!!

These three are of Cheeto... cause she's my favorite! Check out the little black speckles on her head!
love.gif

Now, here are Omelet and Christy-

And one of the as-yet unnamed 'lorp crosses

All 6 babies-

Momma hen and one of three-week old cochins that she adopted-

My hatch went from 'meh' to OMG I have too many chicks. I forgot how many I set, will have to look at the spreadsheet, but I think it was 46ish.. I have to take them all out and count, but I have at least 38 out now with two more pipped! Yowsa!!!

Sign: Sticky chicks; chicks smeared with albumen. Causes:
  1. Low incubation temperature.
  2. High incubation humidity.
  3. Improper turning. This results in reduced embryonic membrane growth and reduced nutrient absorption.
  4. Old eggs.
  5. Very large eggs
These are the signs and Now it adds up :( I'll do better next time.

just got home from Easter dinner with the family and found our very first chick had hatched! came out of a little green ee egg from klf! kids are beyond excited. there are 11 eggs left in the bator and i really hope we get ateast a few more chickies

I hope you do, too!!
celebrate.gif

My hatch went from 'meh' to OMG I have too many chicks. I forgot how many I set, will have to look at the spreadsheet, but I think it was 46ish.. I have to take them all out and count, but I have at least 38 out now with two more pipped! Yowsa!!!

woot.gif

Sign: Sticky chicks; chicks smeared with albumen. Causes:
  1. Low incubation temperature.
  2. High incubation humidity.
  3. Improper turning. This results in reduced embryonic membrane growth and reduced nutrient absorption.
  4. Old eggs.
  5. Very large eggs
These are the signs and Now it adds up :( I'll do better next time.

A little practice and a little reflection and you will have a better hatch next time!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom