Mahonri's First Annual New Year's Day Hatch/Jan 2010

Oh So Cal Chick what pretty babies you have and to all who hatched I'm so glad for seeing this thread and following it so....To those that lost the little chicks I'm sorry but thanks for keeping me through this birthing saga.

SoCalChick your eggs shipped today, so clean that bator!!!!! Take great care opening the box please and allot a lot of time.....I made a styrofoam box to cover the small mailing box and then custom fitted around it and put in a big box........ I wanted to be extra sure they journeyed well..........

Thanks again Mahonri for starting this thread..... I'm awaiting some action over here next week, prayerfully.......on the Humpty Dumpty hatch....

Hugs to all and Happy New Year!

Quote:
Thank you Bargain - I will take extra care! Thank you for caring so much about the shipping.
woot.gif
Wahoo! Bargain eggs are California bound!

I also "helped" two chicks, so far they are still with us but the smallest looks pretty weak... So thats a total of 2 blue mottled and (the ones I helped) are black mottled.

So, who wants to try this all again?
gig.gif

Quote:
Thank you Bargain - I will take extra care! Thank you for caring so much about the shipping.
woot.gif
Wahoo! Bargain eggs are California bound!

Whatcha hatching?

I hatched welsummers and BR from Nancy. Her eggs all made it to Northern CA perfectly. Wonderful packaging.

one of my two cant stand and lays on her side kicking and chirping like a champ its been over 24 hours since I had to help her out ....and still she just lays on her one side like she's off balance?? does any one have any advice please.....

Quote:
After lockdown, every single egg in the Advance hatched, but I did have to help two and they are alive and kicking.

Lost 6 eggs in the Hovabator. my 2 GC Marans, 1 EE and 3 FBCMs.

i'm keeping both now that I know all the secrets

never in a million years would I have expected to get 41 chicks from that hatch before it started my goal was at least 20, figured I'd be very happy with 30 and its really what I wanted.

They are beautiful, I've given away three.... a pure blue wheaten chick, a FBCMarnand and designer GC Marans X Delaware ... it's gonna look just like the GC Marans and could easily pass as one!

Quote:
My little guy that passed this morning was like that. He was fine for the first couple of days, then the next morning he was down, never to get up again. One wing and leg just flopped. I wish I had some advice. I gave my PolyViSol vitamins (no iron), Pedialyte, yogurt, scrambled egg, sugar water, and lots of love. Nothing seemed to help except maybe the love. I like to think so anyway. Hope yours does better. I'll be sending kind thoughts your way.

Mary

Fantastic Stats Mahonri! You did all the fretting for NOTHING
he.gif

My back-up Brinsea ECO 20 just arrived and within a few minutes was up to temp and holding perfectly! None of the bells and whistles of the Advance but not all of the $$$ either. It should serve me well as a holding device for staggered hatches or a place to move the new hatchlings before the brooder. But actually, if I had them both running at the same time I could hatch 48 eggs!
ep.gif

Gotta go check the Hatching Eggs for Sale Forum!

Back
Top Bottom