MAINE chicken stocks, swaps and shows 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I have left in my Show Quality Silkies; NPIP & AI TESTED

1 White Silkie Roo---$20.00
1 Partridge Showgirl Hen--- $20.00

White Crested Black Polish 6 months old $100.00, one roo, 3 hens!
White crested Black Polish 5 months old, one roo, 4 hens, $125.00

Anyone Interested can contact me through a PM or Email me at; [email protected]

All must go soon!

Last edited:
I also Have;
Barred Rocks
White Rocks All Pullets! Have had their Marek's shot. Going on 5 months. $6.00 each Or buy 5 and get one free!
Buff Orpingtons
If anyone is interested in buying the whole flock of about 40 chicks $ 150.00
You could make some of your money back by selling some at the swaps!

Contact me through a PM or email; mountaintopsilkies@ gmail.com

I'll pm you
HI hoppy,

Do you still have the blue Silkie pullet? How old is she? I bought a little buff pullet from you on June 21st at the Augusta swap (I think she is about 12 weeks?) I have 7 other chicks about the same age. Would your blue pullet get along with the younger ones? I thought the silkie would be a lot smaller than the others (including 3 EEs and a Cochin/Wyndotte cross), but she is growing enough that, while smaller, she is staying in the general range of the others. Despite looking different from the others, no one has tried to pick on her as yet. I'm glad as she is just so sweet and cute. The smallest pullet now is one of the little bantam Wyndotte pullets (we call her "Bossy Lucy" after Lucy of Peanuts fame as she trys to boss all the others around!; so funny to watch!).

Yesterday the new TSC in Ellsworth had its grand openng. I met the new store manager, Krista Bauman. I spoke to her about the idea of doing swaps there and she is all for it. (She formerly worked at the store in, I believe she said, Sanford? or maybe, Wilton? (they had two swaps an month) and is familiar with the swaps and considers them a great win/win idea. Our store has a huge parking lot and shares the building with Mardens (lots of traffic). The building was the old Walmart before they foisted a Walmart "super store" on our comunity.

If anyone in the Ellsworth area would like to work on setting up some swaps in Ellsworth, please contact me. As far as I know the TSC in Bangor is still dragging their heels and one in Ellsworth would be handy for folks downeast and Mount Desert Island, as well as the Blue Hill and Bucksport area. It could be a resource for other livestock as will. There isn't a lot of large-scale farming in our area but a lot of hobby farming and small integrated family operations.

Thanks, Nell

Does anyone have splash, blue, or lavender Orpington pullets available? I'd love to get one or two "fancy" ones to add to the flock! I could drive as far north as Augusta, west to North Conway, or south to Kennebunk/Sanford area. Coop-ready only, I'm done with the mess of a brooder for this year! Pet quality is fine, we don't show them.

Well, after much effort trying to track Bill Morrison down.....using every phone number and email address that folks have so generously provided......

I'm going to the Basket Show in Farmington on Aug 5th.

Hopefully, Austin will be there to test my birds....

And then I can keep showing my birds during the next year.

I'm posting this to show how much NEW TESTERS are needed in Maine!!!!!

unfortunately dr hoeng was going to train new testers but it looks like with him leaving, he won't have time to do that. that and they don't have the old kits back yet (people that don't test anymore seem not to give them back)

Well, after much effort trying to track Bill Morrison down.....using every phone number and email address that folks have so generously provided......

I'm going to the Basket Show in Farmington on Aug 5th.

Hopefully, Austin will be there to test my birds....

And then I can keep showing my birds during the next year.

I'm posting this to show how much NEW TESTERS are needed in Maine!!!!!

unfortunately dr hoeng was going to train new testers but it looks like with him leaving, he won't have time to do that. that and they don't have the old kits back yet (people that don't test anymore seem not to give them back)

Quote: From what I've heard, people with the kits test their own birds and their friends birds, but keep it quiet that they are state certified testers.

I'd buy my own kit, but you have to be trained and certified by the state to make the test valid and get the forms needed for shows and fairs. And for NPIP!!!

Seems the State is not supporting poultry people!

From what I've heard, people with the kits test their own birds and their friends birds, but keep it quiet that they are state certified testers.

I'd buy my own kit, but you have to be trained and certified by the state to make the test valid and get the forms needed for shows and fairs. And for NPIP!!!

Seems the State is not supporting poultry people!
if you feel that way, contact dr hoeng at the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom