Maine Swaps 2011

anyone thats looking for a free rooster i can hook you up. my brother has a white leghorn thats 17 weeks old. a welsummer thats 3 months old. a black spanish bantam thats around a year old. pm me for contact info. he lives in friendship maine.

I ran into dennis at the wilton tsc. We came at 130 so not many sellers left. Still no baby boy! I have some indian runner ducklings for sale, but figure I shouldn't set up at a swap just to have to pack up and rush to the hospital. If anyone is interested in them though, let me know.

Its looking like august will be our next swaps.
fl.gif
hoping this little guy decides to come soon!

Anyone in the Augusta area selling guinea hens or keets? I went to the Augusta TSC swap last weekend because there's always someone there selling guinea hens, and wouldn't you know, he wasn't there. I'd go to Auburn area as well... Appreciate any help. My guinea rooster just died and now I'm having hawks coming in after my chickens.

That might be me that is always there with Guineas. I was there, but had no guineas this trip, I am harder to spot without all the noise! I have keets hatching this coming week.

Wonderful! Keep me posted please! I'm waiting to hear from someone with 2 possible females but I'm not holding my breath. What color keets do you think you're expecting?

the augusta TSC would like to do a farm swap day but they need our help. I only really know poultry people and can get the word out that way but who else farm wise for groups should they target to help get the word out? anyone that has been to a farm/ barnyard swap, please contact me with any info you can offer. are there goat groups they can contact, alpaca/ sheep groups?? of course we all want this to be sucessful and it can be yet another draw for us poultry people.
thanks all.

Quote:
They could post it in
Uncle Henry's, Craiglist.....also in print, again Uncle Henry's, newspaper classified or under"events. Then there is the method of posting flyers at feed stores, Hannafords and places that have a bulletin board.

There's a herds site forum run by the BYC site owners.

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/index.php

Last edited:
Quote:
They could post it in
Uncle Henry's, Craiglist.....also in print, again Uncle Henry's, newspaper classified or under"events. Then there is the method of posting flyers at feed stores, Hannafords and places that have a bulletin board.

There's a herds site forum run by the BYC site owners.

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/index.php

thanks joanie- I had not HERD
wink.png
of the other website.
but I will see if I can post over there as well.

Back
Top Bottom