Maine

Does anyone know of a breeder of purebred Dorset sheep in New England? I have a friend who wants Dorsets (and only Dorsets) but he hasn't been able to find any local. I suggested he should go to the Fryeburg Fair and ask around but he struck out there. There were a couple of Dorsets but they weren't for sale and the people didn't have any available. Plenty of Shetlands and Icelandics around but nobody seems to want Dorsets.

Quote:
he could contact the dorset registry, they might be able to help.

I'll let him know.
smile.png
I've found three breeders in NY but not much closer to home. I'm sure there are some out there. Too bad he doesn't want chickens or ducks. Finding rare breeds of poultry is so much easier especially with this site.

Quote:
he could contact the dorset registry, they might be able to help.

I'll let him know.
smile.png
I've found three breeders in NY but not much closer to home. I'm sure there are some out there. Too bad he doesn't want chickens or ducks. Finding rare breeds of poultry is so much easier especially with this site.

speaking of which, what about the sister site backyardherds.com

Quote:
I'll let him know.
smile.png

speaking of which, what about the sister site backyardherds.com

I just quickly looked over there. Didn't find anything but I will do a more thorough search tomorrow and probably post an inquiry.

Quote:
I'm going! Mom's coming with me
smile.png
I don't think we're bringing any of the birds but maybe the dog. IDK yet LoL

Had a great swap,have to let me know if your silkies are boys or girls when they get older.

tinychickenlady this is my splalsh rooster that will be the daddy of some of my babies next spring.He is still young only 4 months old.And some of my others
44824_splash_rooster_10-11.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom