Maine

No, but what's the harm? I have a rodent in distress call I got from Paradis Outfitters in Sidney a few years ago. I think it was less than 10$. I used it for hunting.
Is it a call like a handheld duck call? I know my brother had some calls when he was coyote hunting but I think that was a rabbit. I'll see if my dad or my son knows where those are.

We had a couple rats this past fall. We laid out traps and they just ignored them.. peanut butter, meat, cheese... nothing worked. We were talking about it with a friend and he gave us his brother's perfect rat recipe. 1 tootsie roll and 1 starburst candy (we have used the orange and yellow) throw them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds. Just enough to get soft, and then mash them together into a brown ball of goo. Once you get it mixed well, heat it a bit again so that you can mold it to the trigger plate good and solid. Use as much or as little as you think is needed. I found 1 ball did 2 rat snap traps or 4 mouse sized. In 3 nights we cleared out all 4 rats. We cleared 5 mice from our basement the same way, and recently got another on the traps I left set up down there since fall. So the bait is still working!

Happy Hunting!!
I read about this recipe on another thread! WTH...can't hurt! Off to the Dollar tree, I go!

Just my bf

lau.gif

What do you mean, we gotta talk chicken! Love it, Dow Girl! Here's hoping for a wonderful hatch!

You all staying dry? This rain is something else. I can't wait till the weather warms enough that I can get outside and do some garden chores.

Sorry to change the subject from all this rat talk but I'm pretty excited! Nellie's gone broody again! So I got her 5 fertile Silkie eggs-projected hatch date: March 15th.

So excited for you! I have never hatched eggs before either with or without a broody hen. This spring me and DH and my dad are building the chickens a new coop. A couple years ago I had bought a prefabricated coop off amazon for like $180 and have had nothing but problems with it. It's extremely drafty and is falling apart and it is way too small.

I need Nellie over here! I had told myself I wouldn't be hatching this year, then I decided maybe I would try a broody hatch. No one is broody at the moment though, and I'm thinking that if no one becomes broody in the next couple of weeks I'll collect a few eggs and use the incubator instead. Somehow, I need to convince myself that the incubator only holds 12 eggs. It really holds 24, and you can squeeze in extras with creative stacking. Chicken math takes over quickly here.

I have little onion and leeks coming up in flats, and just a few greens to give them an early start. I'm actually still eating little bits of arugula and mustard out of the hoop house. It was such a warm winter that the plants never died, and apparently the rodents were busy elsewhere.

So excited for you! I have never hatched eggs before either with or without a broody hen. This spring me and DH and my dad are building the chickens a new coop. A couple years ago I had bought a prefabricated coop off amazon for like $180 and have had nothing but problems with it. It's extremely drafty and is falling apart and it is way too small.
Thanks! It is exciting! I did the same thing my first summer with chickens & got a prefab tractor which said would hold 6-8 chickens. No way! Bantams, MAYBE! It is also falling apart & I think it will be in the burn pile this spring.:(

Back
Top Bottom