Maine

Tractor Supply Farm Days Swap this Sunday March 4th 9am to 2 pm. Wilton/ Farmington, Maine Rt. 2-4 across from Quality Inn.
Buyers - Bring Boxes or Carriers!
Sellers - Bring water!
Your Area must be cleaned up before you leave!

I will be bringing a few Silkies for sale. I also have 18 laying hens and a roo ( selling as a lot) First $250. Takes all! Ages range from 8 months to 1&1/2 yrs. All hens are laying! They are Buff Orpingtons and a few Americaunas. Email me if anyone is Interested to make app. to see them, as I will not be bringing the flock to the swaps.

Make sure to wear Warm clothing, as it will be cold!

I bought a 50lb bag of Nature's Best organic chick starter from Paris Farmers Union yesterday. I'm only getting 4 chicks this spring so will only need about half that bag, at most. I'm looking to sell the other half of the bag if anyone else is in a similar situation. Looking for $14 for the other half of the bag and can deliver it to you at TSC, Lewiston, Brunswick, or Scarborough. I am between Durham and Portland during the week. Thanks, Eric

i'd hold onto it until your birds are switched over or almost, you never know when a beautiful bunch of chicks may come into your life
smile.png

just went out to collect eggs and found one of my hens covered in snow outside while everyone else was inside. brought her in, defrosted her cold feet and put her up with some food. for some reason she has always been an outcast (she's the only white bird i have, but it shouldn't be that).
guess she can go live with my pampered chickens for a while.

I have enough beautiful chicks in my life. 4th daughter will be here in April and I don't think I'll be getting more than 4 little chickies or my wife will have me living in the coop too. The Nature's Best site says an average chick will 3 pounds of starer during the first 3 weeks of life, after which they're supposed to switch over to the pullet grower. Even 25lb of starter will be double what I'll need for 4 chicks according to this.

I wanted to show off my new babies. I only have 2 pullets and 2 cockerals in the Hedemora and REALLY wanted to get some light colored ones(mine are black and dark gray). Dh let me get these babies off rarebreedauction from Greenfire. I was soooo happy when I opened the box and saw these guys.

the cockeral is the light gray one and he is soft feathered with clean legs and the two pullets are feather legged, the black one being soft feathered and the white one being hard feathered.
I absolutely love this breed and they are by far my favorite.

My hens are now online. Check out my coop cam if you'd care to - http://75.69.16.48:8080/

username is guest
password is chicken

This is a connection right into the IP camera. I'll be setting up a streaming channel sometime soon that won't require a login.

My hens are now online. Check out my coop cam if you'd care to - http://75.69.16.48:8080/

username is guest
password is chicken

This is a connection right into the IP camera. I'll be setting up a streaming channel sometime soon that won't require a login.

What kind of camera is that? I want to get one for my hatch on the 13th and have no idea what to get...Is that wireless? What does the camera itself hook-up to in the coop?
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom