Maine

You sure you don't want a big barred rock roo? I'm only 45 minutes or so from you! :)

I'm sure he could be dyed so all his feathers are black. The greenish sheen might be a bit difficult to replicate though.
wink.png

FWIW I think that lavender Am babies, like the one who hatched under a broody this morning, are some of the THE CUTEST babies. Gosh, bearded birds are on the top of the list here in every way :)

Does any one have a suggestion for where to buy strawberry pots-- you know, the weird ones with holes in them?

I've looked at them several times and they are so pricey. have you tried craigslist? people might be thinking of getting rid of them. I've used the bags, price is better at $2 then $30.

FWIW I think that lavender Am babies, like the one who hatched under a broody this morning, are some of the THE CUTEST babies. Gosh, bearded birds are on the top of the list here in every way :)

Does any one have a suggestion for where to buy strawberry pots-- you know, the weird ones with holes in them?

cleaned the coop today and planted my garden. about 1/4 of it, just in case we get a frost I figured, if they can plant corn in albion, why can't I plant a cold weather crop like lettuce and peas?? I have plenty of seeds if something happens to them.

not on silkies. I would say that last one might be a boy, but I have been very wrong. my son showed a silkie that was almost 1 yr -won 2 best in jr show with the bird being shown as a cockerel, it lays egg now.

Can anyone--hoppy--tell me if these 2 are boys? They are 7 weeks old.

not on silkies. I would say that last one might be a boy, but I have been very wrong. my son showed a silkie that was almost 1 yr -won 2 best in jr show with the bird being shown as a cockerel, it lays egg now.

Oh ****! I'm moving them out to the coop tomorrow in their own mini-pen, separate from the big kids. I was worried about the 2 roos I already have out there.

How about this one? Definitely a roo, right?

Are you interested in some pure Buff ducks in Monroe? Anyone? Hatched 4/22 and NPIP certified. Too young for me to sex yet, but pretty obvious the boys are much larger. Also have plenty of fertile Pekin eggs at all times if anyone is looking for a summer project for the kids.

Back
Top Bottom