Maine

Frost! I did put all the peppers and eggplant in yesterday and Saturday. Still not sure, but I think they might be okay. The leaves did not feel frozen, but the outside of the hoop house is crusted in ice. I may change my plans to put tomatoes in today...

So nice to see the sun for a change!

SUN.... I was beginning to think I had to order that through a catalog. "Critically endangered status" even. Phew....
It was nice to see a few faces I knew. Sorry I didn't learn more of you. This was a really good show.... although there were a few birds missing and a few breeds I would sorely liked to have seen there. There was a Blue LF Polish Cap-- wow and this pigeon that I can NOT get out of my mind. There was a nice game, oh, so many birds. It was sad not to see more of the 'heirloom' breeds though.

I might start up some eggs here again, mail ordered. Now that the predator issue thinned my breeding stock of PC I feel like I have to... worried about the distance and expense though.

Frost! I did put all the peppers and eggplant in yesterday and Saturday. Still not sure, but I think they might be okay. The leaves did not feel frozen, but the outside of the hoop house is crusted in ice. I may change my plans to put tomatoes in today...

So nice to see the sun for a change!

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just put them in today. They can't take too many more days in their little containers in the cold frame. They're too big for the cold frame now and can't grow up anymore. Looks like after Wednesday the weather will be decent again.

This is crazy!

I opened my eyes this morning and thought I died, I was seeing ligh,t like the end of the tunnel- couldn't be the sun could it????
I wish the show had weather was like it is right now. glad to see so many familiar faces and sad to notice those that were missing.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just put them in today. They can't take too many more days in their little containers in the cold frame. They're too big for the cold frame now and can't grow up anymore. Looks like after Wednesday the weather will be decent again. 

This is crazy!

If you're going to bite that bullet, I may too. Power in tomato numbers.

My chicks are 5 weeks old..haven't been outside yet...and their beaks are a little long, also. Should I file them? Just take a nail file and file it as if it were a finger nail?

At least we didn't get 3 feet of snow...
lau.gif

My chicks are 5 weeks old..haven't been outside yet...and their beaks are a little long, also. Should I file them? Just take a nail file and file it as if it were a finger nail?

I would just add a block of something to their brooder to scratch their beaks and nails on... I usually use a brick or a cinderblock.

Also their beaks can't be that long at 5 weeks, I think they're probably fine.

Back
Top Bottom