Maine

Nope, it's not acting like that.

I've been crushing up half of a B Complex vitamin and mixing with 1 Tbsp. of applesauce or plain yogurt and chick starter. I am using ACV in the water and in the FF. There isn't any blood in the poop and the poop is more solid today. It seems to be walking better and a lot less wobbly on the perch.

Can I keep the Corrid water in the fridge or mix up daily?

I think I will take MaineChick up on her offer of Corrid. I'll PM you. THANK YOU!!
You should probably mix it daily. You'll take your regular 1 gallon waterer and add it every day like you would when you change the water out every day anyway. This is what I got sent, quotes courtesy of Polaris Farms: " I have written on the package to use 1/2 tsp in a gallon of water with powdered milk. The powdered milk is supposed to counteract the chlorine/sanitizers in water so the water doesn't kill the medicine. I think it was something like 2 tsps of powdered milk/gallon. Found recommendations from several Extension websites to use powdered milk any time you put a medicine in the water. Corrid's pretty safe since it's method of action is to inhibit the coccidia's ability to use thiamine and coccidia is very sensitive to small amounts of Corrid but it would take a lot more of it to hurt chickens. " I was using a teaspoon our gallon waterers without incident. I did follow up with molasses water for four days after just to compensate for the vitamin loss associated with taking the meds. Stools that are bloody are signs of cocci gone on for a bit and serious case. You are very likely to lose your birds, or at least a few, before the Corrid cures them. If you can see signs before hand then you are lucky. I hope the Corrid takes care of your birds. If you don't have molasses then just add some brown sugar which is brown from molasses. I use a bit of warm water because the sugars dissolve better that way.
Some kind of sickness is sweeping through my flock and killing them, and I don't know what it is. They are fine one day and sick and dead the next. With all of the problems that I have had this year, I think I may just be done with keeping chickens!

Aw Kinsey! That stinks!!! Your Dorkings too?? I was just wondering about you the other day. I understand wanting to give up. SO has made several comments as not so gentle hints that he would like me to give up. Not after everything I went through and all the lives sacrificed in the hopes of a clean flock. Not yet. What are the symptoms and ages of your birds?

I have had a hatch recently of my new Ams and one has presented new issues I haven't really deal with. Hoping rest and a little sugar water are all it needs to pick up but I am not holding my breath. The rest are such chunkers!

I'm sorry Kinsey, I hope we can help and you don't lose any more.

Some kind of sickness is sweeping through my flock and killing them, and I don't know what it is. They are fine one day and sick and dead the next. With all of the problems that I have had this year, I think I may just be done with keeping chickens!

Don't give up yet.
hugs.gif

This crazy weather probably isn't helping any. It is either way too hot or just miserable with rain and humidity. The only thing that seems to be thriving are the weeds in the garden and the mosquitoes and other annoying bugs.

Well Rigel the mustang had her first training session with a professional trainer this morning. She did awesome.
smile.png
. He worked with her for over an hour and was able to get a halter on her and start her on learning how to lead. He was quite impressed with her too. She doesn't have any real negative baggage since I never tried to rush her training. On a scale of 1- 10 with 10 being a really fearful high strung crazy mustang he rated her as a 2-3. She is curious and wants to try so he thinks once I get her comfortable with the halter and work with her on a lunge line her training milestones will snowball. And he suggested that I get as many people to interact with her as possible. Even if it is just a two second sniff. That way she will learn that I'm not the only human who is okay.

Back
Top Bottom