Maine

I'm not Coop Chick, but the first D = Dear. The following letters stand for Dad, Dtr, Son, Husband, etc. Somewhere there is a list of abbreviations specifically related to chickens. It goes on forever! And then you'll see a lot of made up ones!

Ok Dominique eggs are in lockdown. Candled and 16 out of 18 look really good. What a huge difference what I have seen this time around. Im hoping I have found what works for our hatching success. Fingers crossed.

Cooped in early tonight. It takes me an hour each bird to wash and dry. I entered seven birds.
hmm.png

There are quite a few entries and I will say it one more time: free to come, at Windsor Fair Grounds and there are a lot of entries.

Excitement ++++!!!!

Happy week end every body.

Since letting the chicks out to forage in the run, their feed consumption is down by at least 30%. Instead of the "piranha fest" when I come in with a bucket of FF, they come and check out the bowl contents, help themselves, without any crowding or piggishness. And this sudden polite behavior includes the meaties. At 7 weeks old, some of the roo Pioneers are almost as big as my hens. The EE roo I plan to keep was one of the last ones to go in to safety when I gave the predator alarm this morning to test them. Either he's incredibly stupid, or he's staying behind to see what the predator issue is and ensure safety for the rest of the flock. I hope it's the latter, b/c he's pretty, and stands out among all of the roosters. (Thanks Dow Girl!!! If I hatch any of his kids next year, I'll save you a pullet!)

Ash, is that your Orloff? Nice bird.

Re: clipping wings. some birds seem to be affected more by the trimming of 1 wing to throw them off balance and some need both wings done to eliminate all lift.

Excitement ++++!!!!

Happy week end every body.

Since letting the chicks out to forage in the run, their feed consumption is down by at least 30%. Instead of the "piranha fest" when I come in with a bucket of FF, they come and check out the bowl contents, help themselves, without any crowding or piggishness. And this sudden polite behavior includes the meaties. At 7 weeks old, some of the roo Pioneers are almost as big as my hens. The EE roo I plan to keep was one of the last ones to go in to safety when I gave the predator alarm this morning to test them. Either he's incredibly stupid, or he's staying behind to see what the predator issue is and ensure safety for the rest of the flock. I hope it's the latter, b/c he's pretty, and stands out among all of the roosters. (Thanks Dow Girl!!! If I hatch any of his kids next year, I'll save you a pullet!)
Yay! I hope you do! I'm so glad you said you are going to keep him, because I was a little sad to hear you say, "He's going to taste good," when you took him back.
smile.png

Cooped in early tonight. It takes me an hour each bird to wash and dry. I entered seven birds. :/ There are quite a few entries and I will say it one more time: free to come, at Windsor Fair Grounds and there are a lot of entries.
so wish I could go tomorrow. But DH and DS are in RI for baseball tournaments this weekend. ..with my car :( Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom