Maine

... Maine?
Southern half of Maine, specifically (well, somewhat specifically).
Why do you ask?

I can't take any chickens at this moment in time, unfortunately -- I've started taking college classes, so I don't have any time to work on integrating new adult birds.
In case I have some chickens that need homes, and if you wanted them, I was just wondering if you were anywhere near me. 👍

Do you take retired chickens?
Those are like hens that don't lay anymore, right?
I might, depending on their breed/personality, honestly.
I have a couple of hens who are going into their fifth year, and I do love taking care of them, but I'm kind of worried about when they'll start dying off. I don't have a lot of medicine or any access to an avian vet, so dealing with severe illnesses is tricky and mostly involves quarantining inside my house and day-to-day care with what I have.
It... also depends on what the person I'm taking them in from wants with them. I kind of have the attitude of, "it is not your responsibility anymore, so it's kind of up to me." Fussy roosters, for example, could well end up being dinner, and due to the aforementioned lack of access to much avian medicine, especially ill hens may or may not end up being culled to put them out of their misery.

... This probably makes no sense, sorry.
I dislike culling birds (even Tourettes is starting to grow on me), so that won't be a method used unless a bird is being especially fussy or is especially ill, if you're wondering.

Those are like hens that don't lay anymore, right?
I might, depending on their breed/personality, honestly.
I have a couple of hens who are going into their fifth year, and I do love taking care of them, but I'm kind of worried about when they'll start dying off. I don't have a lot of medicine or any access to an avian vet, so dealing with severe illnesses is tricky and mostly involves quarantining inside my house and day-to-day care with what I have.
It... also depends on what the person I'm taking them in from wants with them. I kind of have the attitude of, "it is not your responsibility anymore, so it's kind of up to me." Fussy roosters, for example, could well end up being dinner, and due to the aforementioned lack of access to much avian medicine, especially ill hens may or may not end up being culled to put them out of their misery.

... This probably makes no sense, sorry.
I dislike culling birds (even Tourettes is starting to grow on me), so that won't be a method used unless a bird is being especially fussy or is especially ill, if you're wondering.

Yes, it makes sense. :) I understand. Same here. If I had more room and money I'd keep all my birds forever.... but money is a slight problem because my mom wants egg layers and I'd have chickens piling up :p

In case I have some chickens that need homes, and if you wanted them, I was just wondering if you were anywhere near me. 👍
I'm in southern Maine as well, Portland. Not actively looking but I used to have a couple sebrights and I love them, if you ever have a sebright hen (or maayybe rooster) that needs to be rehomed I may be able to take it. I have a small bantam flock, all pets. Wouldn't be able to drive very far though.

I'm in southern Maine as well, Portland. Not actively looking but I used to have a couple sebrights and I love them, if you ever have a sebright hen (or maayybe rooster) that needs to be rehomed I may be able to take it. I have a small bantam flock, all pets. Wouldn't be able to drive very far though.

I don't have any sebrights, sorry. :( My rooster is an OEGB and so are some of the hens. Then I have a DB and a SD .

Hey everyone I have a flock of 5 bantams (4 hens 1 roo) that I'm selling.
They are awesome, young, going to lay a LOT of eggs....ask me anything you want to know.
IMG_5757.jpg

Newly hatched cockerel (male/rooster) Welsummer chicks. Healthy. Medicated feed. The male is identified by the lighter brown triangular marking on the head. In the photo, the chick on the left is male. Location: Biddeford, Maine 207-232-8920

Attachments

• 1790C76B-93BB-41A7-A6B3-682DE4797F71_1_201_a.jpeg
    1790C76B-93BB-41A7-A6B3-682DE4797F71_1_201_a.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi everyone, I really need to find a home for one of my roosters, Desi. He is a really gorgeous easter egger rooster and a great flock protector, which is often hard to come by in a rooster. His dad once fought off a raccoon! I would really prefer not to kill such a great rooster, and I have too many roosters to keep him. He is one year old and gentle with his hens, and has actually been fine living with another rooster in the past.

I live in Portland and would be willing to drive a reasonable distance for him to go to a good home. His pictures do not do him justice by the way, my phone camera is terrible and I'm going to try to get some better pictures later today. He really is beautiful.

Attachments

• IMG_20220411_150520_tmp.jpg
    IMG_20220411_150520_tmp.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220411_150503.jpg
    IMG_20220411_150503.jpg
    820 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220415_083810_tmp.jpg
    IMG_20220415_083810_tmp.jpg
    659.6 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom