Major attack - is this a bear?

Scratches probably four feet off the ground, going higher where it got in. Will see if I can get a game camera and set it up to see if it comes back. Really not much else I can do, other than repair the hole... Will order an electric fence, hopefully it arrives before the bear returns. Then I just need to find some more chickens!

I agree with the bear. May I ask how close the coop is to your house? I would almost be tempted to call the local wildlife services just to give them a heads up especially if your coop is close to your house. It's one thing if your chickens are free ranging and were killed out and about, but the fact that the bear is coming that close to rip apart coop walls is slightly concerning.

We have bears around here, and they have never shown any interesting the chicken coop. We've had them walk right past us to our garbage can, so that is why I though he would be more interested in a garbage can then a chicken coop. Any way, I could see a hungry bear having no problem tearing apart the fence, and killing the chickens. That would make sense why he didn't eat all the chickens. Try the predator lights, do you've nay predates around that would hunt a bear? If so, then get that predator urine from amazon. I hope you get rid of him! Avery

Back
Top Bottom