Making a chicken breed-Midnight Blue Egger

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
At some point I want to try to make this chicken breed called the Midnight Blue Egger. I want it to be all black, like an Ayam Cemani, but I want it to have a cochin body type, feathered legs, a long tail, (even the hens), a crest like a polish, and I'd like to lay blue eggs. This is a lot to ask for :lol: I'll attach a picture of what I've drawn for it to look like. I have some breeding and genetic questions to ask, even though this won't happen for quite a long time. My first main question is if there are any breeds with hens that have long tails? I know that roos in most breeds have long tails, but can hens? I don't need an insanely long tail, just one on the hens that's rooster size. I also have some questions about the order of which I would breed to get different traits, but those can come later.

At some point I want to try to make this chicken breed called the Midnight Blue Egger. I want it to be all black, like an Ayam Cemani, but I want it to have a cochin body type, feathered legs, a long tail, (even the hens), a crest like a polish, and I'd like to lay blue eggs. This is a lot to ask for :lol: I'll attach a picture of what I've drawn for it to look like. I have some breeding and genetic questions to ask, even though this won't happen for quite a long time. My first main question is if there are any breeds with hens that have long tails? I know that roos in most breeds have long tails, but can hens? I don't need an insanely long tail, just one on the hens that's rooster size. I also have some questions about the order of which I would breed to get different traits, but those can come later.
I don’t know of any but this breed sounds awesome!!

Sounds so pretty, if a tad impractical. A black, long tailed, feather footed, crested, blue egg chicken. WOW! Definitely subbing to see where this goes...
:pop
When you say it like that...yes it does seem impractical. It's basically a cochin version of an ayam cemani, with a fancy tail, crest, and blue eggs. Wow that still sounds crazy if you put it that way XD Maybe for my first breeding project I should do something a bit simpler, but now that I have this idea I have to try it! I can't for quite a while, (very long time) but can't wait for when I can!

I've gotten the answer on another thread that a breed with hens that have long tails is the sumatra...another fancy breed that I'll need to use for this.

Next question: Would my first step be to focus on making a cochin version of an ayam cemani, then adding in all the extras like long tails and crests? Would I want to do cochin x sumatra first for the long tail cochin, then do ayam? What is the best order for breeding in traits?

Back
Top Bottom