making my own killing cone

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
I cant believe how expensive these killing cones are! I would like to make my own do anyone have any suggestions? I figured aluminum would be the easiest to work with but thought I should see if anyone makes there own and how they do it.

I used large kitty litter containers. Cut out the bottom and pulled the head through the spout. Not real classy but it sure worked good. I put holes on each side and attached them to the tree with wire so they could bleed out after culling.

Heres the link to the message for the guy on here that makes em and sells em
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=111515

Quote:
Did you use these just for turkeys or can you use them for chickens as well? Seems like a really good idea to me.
Becky

i agree please tell me more
smile.png

Quote:
Did you use these just for turkeys or can you use them for chickens as well? Seems like a really good idea to me.
Becky

i agree please tell me more
smile.png

I only used them for meat chickens. Economy size soap bottles or big bleach bottles would work too..........just cut the bottoms off and cut the spout as wide as you need it, attach wire or rope and hang it on a tree........pull the head down and make the cut. They stay contained nicely and are all set to bleed out.

I did two or three at a time and let them bleed out while I scalded and plucked. Kind of like assembly line I suppose.

Mary

Back
Top Bottom