Making the most of it.

Pics
Thank you guys. I will look to the victories... Like today..... Husband was double over in pain... I am feeling so much better with my doctors that I was able to get all the kids dressed and ready and drive hubby to the urgent care.... I couldn't have done that a year ago!!!!! That's a huge blessing... Plus the extra strength I needed to get dinner and pet work done. The apt spent our emergency funds with three prescriptions and visit... But my being able to be in control and mobile and be able to take hubby to the doctors is a big victory!!!! Attimus... You are a good man. Thank you.

I messed up with the boys.... Although they are great!!! Good grades and athletic but I coddled them with guilt when their dad left them and I need to be more assertive but calm with them. It is hard
1f616.png
but things are getting better.

Assertive and calm are hard when it comes to kids but I'm a natural at it with my pups!!! Lol

So early bed time for me... Long day but Devin should be on the mend after three days of being hunched over in pain. Boys are still on target with school and thankfully I haven't had the I wanna skip school fight. I am going to do some research on how to tell fertilized eggs from normal eggs now that Jerry is randy.... Maybe a will get a broody hen at some point and see if she will hatch babies. 4 out of 8 laying... The last of the older crew squatted for me and one of my 20 week old austrolorps did too but I don't think my nest boxes are far enough away from each other so that more than one will lay. That's a big problem... I'm am going to have to move my heavy coop and cut into the side and build another box.... Should have done that when it was still sunny. Always a project to be donee ... Walls to paint... Rooms to clean and cabinets to organize. Back to fertilized eggs.... I'm guessing if they are put in the fridge they won't develop and we can eat them all the same. Have a great night.

You shouldn't have to move your nest boxes. My hens lay in a community nest box. There is a favorite corner, but I've had 3 in there at the same time.

I hear you about the never ending projects!

I used to just use cardboard boxes. There was a supply of boxes about 12x12x12 near my work, and I just cut a hole in one side and that worked really well. When it would get dirty I'd just toss it and get another. Maybe you could do the same and work on the coop in the spring?

They will learn to take their turns with what you've got, even though they gripe about it!

I messed up with the boys.... Although they are great!!! Good grades and athletic but I coddled them with guilt when their dad left them and I need to be more assertive but calm with them. It is hard
1f616.png
but things are getting better.

If they are great, you didn't mess up. Kids are kids after all and we were all in their shoes. You said oldest was 16 and you were doing his hair, I was in the middle of a punk phase around that time and was spiking my hair with Elmer's glue and a blow dryer, average time spent was about an hour. Lol.
The cardboard boxes sounds like a great simple idea. I only have 4 boxes for the main flock and they
always line up to use 1 box and yell at each other the whole time haha. The newer layers are still finding spaces while free ranging to do their bussiness.
Keep up the good work
Attimus

Hahaha I went through a punk rock stage!!! My first boyfriend had a 12 inch Mohawk. 16 year old is a mamas boy. He watches my mom cater to my dad ... But he doesn't see all that my dad does for her. He will learn. Right now I am just trying to encourage him to learn how to drive. I don't understand that fear. I couldn't wait to drive when I was his age.

Back
Top Bottom