Making the most of it.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lindalouly, Aug 4, 2015.

1. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

Life finds a way of keeping us all busy. Fingers are improving. Still two weeks to see the doctor. Pond hasn't progressed, still have the same 7 posts to set from when i cut myself. Be sure as soon as I have the OK I'll be off and running again.
    Attimus

2. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio

:frow. How was your day? I'm wiped out from work.....stress filled as usual. House construction is going good. I don't think its really hit me yet that thanksgiving is a week away. I've got a whole bunch of work to get done before then.

3. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

Ohhh so sorry o hear that.. My day was a mixed u day of emotion but nothing serious. Got my Christmas tree up in hopes it would lighten everyone's mood. The good news of the day is that I got invited to the elders dinner tomorrow at nisqually Indian tribe. My oldest sons girlfriends grandpa invited me and DH. Never been to anything like that so I'm kinda excited and got babysitters for the rest of the kids. Eggs are still cooking... Two more days until I candle!!!!!!

4. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    hope the dinner goes nice. You sound adventurous like me! I am more adventurous when they mention food will be there;)

5. lindalouly

SO I decided to candle the eggs today even though its a day early. My interest got the best of me. A couple of them seemed to be clear. I saw veining in a bunch. Some I could only see a mass but the egg was to dark to see veining. Some seemed to move as I turned the egg.. doesn't seem to be a good sign... but after all that, with my inexperience, I put them all back into the incubator with little notes jotted on them. Will candle again on day 10.

6. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    If the movement seems to be in relation to you turning the egg, that's not a good sign, but you'll know more at day 10. 10 - 14 are the best. That's when those babies are dancing in the egg.

7. lindalouly

Yes there were a couple of them that seemed to move in relation to turning the egg. I suspected that was no good, but left them in there anyway. I am taking Aarts advice and not throwing anything out until lock down. I have no experience... so this hatch is mainly experimental. I am preparing myself for the worse but hoping for some success.

8. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    <nodshead> wait and keep watching

9. lindalouly

Just got back from the elders dinner down at the tribe. It was amazing to see the dances and songs and the entire culture and history of the nisquallys. The food they served was amazing and then sent us all home with huge containers of left overs. It was cool to see the young honor the elders and gift them with homemade gifts. Glad I was invited. Happy I went.

10. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Sounds like a lot of fun!

I'm sitting at the airport waiting on our flight, catching up on BYC. Nice to be with the family!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by