Making the most of it.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lindalouly, Aug 4, 2015.

1. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

Is that for quail or any eggs.

2. lindalouly

@lazy gardener. Just curios if you knew how to get rid of wild black berry bushes taking over... Before I go research it.

3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    No idea. I have a feeling that if you wanted them, and had the perfect place for them, they'd all die a tragic death. How big an area, what is the ground like there? IF it's possible for you to cut them to the ground, remove as much of the root as possible, then put down a heavy layer of cardboard and about 8" of mulch, pulling up anything that surfaces, you might get rid of them in 2 years.

4. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

Manually, and thoroughly and diligently and then cover the ground where they grew with alot cardboard or old carpet then as bits poke up find where they are rooted and pull them out.

5. lindalouly

I was thinking about borrowing my sisters goats.... Then I will do the rest.

6. attimus

That would work too

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. attimus

We have this company out here called Fire Goats, basically this guy has a bunch of goats and puts them in goat tractors!?! Wow never thought about that. Anyways they eat the vegetation to give housees the required fire break from the surrounding wilderness. Pretty genius idea if you ask me.

9. LocalYokel

LocalYokel Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

10. LocalYokel

LocalYokel Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by