Malay thread

Pics
Is this guy malay

If this thread is still alive, does anyone have any Malays for sale? I would like either chicks or hatching eggs. I already have a pre existing flock so I need only eggs or chicks no adult birds please. And if possible can I see pictures?

Saladin offers excellent advice regarding Malay. After 16 or so years raising them, He is spot on. The first time I manage to grow one that tops a yard stick I plan on touring all the talk shows. I have several that eat off my feed cans, trash cans, that set on landscaping timbers. Novelty seekers don't deserve to own this breed. Or Asils, Shamos and the list continues. Like is said many times over "I kill better birds than most have". Saladins props to Aviangems are most deserved. The birds pictured are very nice indeed. No I don't know him or have never spoken with him. Stick with White Leghorns they were mastered many years ago.

Saladin offers excellent advice regarding Malay. After 16 or so years raising them, He is spot on. The first time I manage to grow one that tops a yard stick I plan on touring all the talk shows. I have several that eat off my feed cans, trash cans, that set on landscaping timbers. Novelty seekers don't deserve to own this breed. Or Asils, Shamos and the list continues. Like is said many times over "I kill better birds than most have". Saladins props to Aviangems are most deserved. The birds pictured are very nice indeed. No I don't know him or have never spoken with him. Stick with White Leghorns they were mastered many years ago.

Interesting... Not sure what you are getting at. Or whom this is directed towards.

All breeds need people interested in keeping them, and people need to be able to ask questions to decide if they would be a good match. Simply because a person starts with a breed you or anyone else turns their nose up at does not mean at a latter date they will not only be capable of keeping & breeding another breed, but do it well.

If you are trying to say Malays are different then flock layers then you are correct the Malay will need some special considerations and anyone getting a true game fowl should educate themselves to game fowl needs, temperament, feed and other breed issues. The same goes for "long tail breeds" or "long crowers" or Jungle Fowl.

For those interested in breeds like Malay there are many helpful, educated BYC members at the link below:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/566142/oriental-gamefowl-thread/4380#post_13799892

Everyone Peace & Happiness

I agree ^^ I recently have gotten into Malays! I have spent a fortune and mine are spoiled! I have around 20 breeds of chickens and Malays are my only game fowl however I do have some Phoenix and yokohamas! I'm perfectly capable and equipped for taking care of all of my breeds! All I recommend is people do their research before impulse buying a breed! With that being said anyone can raise something if they put their mind to it! The malay breed is very rare and endangered more ppl need to raise these guys maybe it'll help the population!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom