Malay thread

Pics
Peppy, Your eggs must be hatching or about to hatch. Good luck

Smash, Oriental birds don't stand the cold temp well. You will need to winterize the cage ... Just use some plastic/nylon to wrap or cover up 3 sides of the cage to block the rain and the north wind. Use the opening in the South side for feeding, watering. In some of the hard freeze days, if possible, bring them into your garage, just put them in some of carton box with holes for ventilation. For me, I just use the carton boxes they throw away from the supermarket. For nylon wrapping, I just buy a roll of the clear plastic that the painter uses for covering the floor. Recently, I just re-use the nylon feed bags. Good luck this winter

Hello Hung and thanks for the good advice. Today is day 16 for the eggs. I own a small farm and have most of my chickens there. I have a metal barn with 16' wide x 50' long lean-to with concrete floor. It is just the roof and concrete floor now, but I plan on enclosing it with metal siding before winter. Besides my three Malay I have 3 O Shamo pullets and a cockerel. Also I have some serama pairs and a trio of modern game bantams. (see avatar) I also have a pair of black swans and a pair of black neck swans I want to protect from extreme cold. So I have plenty of reasons to finish closing it in and even add a heat source. Winters can be mild or pretty cold around here but I'll do my best to get everything through. Last winter was pretty rough, hopefully this year won't be as bad.

Had Malay and O Shamo eggs in the incubator. It only holds twelve eggs. I got three O Shamo and one Malay to hatch. It was my first attempt at hatching. I already have more eggs in the incubator and hoping for a better hatch rate this time.

[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom