Malay thread

Pics
lol, I was concentrating on the type so much that I didn't even look at that muff! I'd say there was American in him somewhere down the road.

Sorry but what is a "muff" in gamefowl terms?
Also I was given this one along with the first one. What is this one as well. He is slightly smaller and skinnier, and moulting.

What? Is that a good thing or bad thing? What about the second rooster I posted? I asked the guy to give me a young stag that would get really big. A weak went by and the two previous birds I posted are what he gave me.

Last edited:
my malay
Can't tell if it's a rooster or hen

I'm on my phone so the picture is small, but I think I see saddle feathers, so I say rooster.

Talking about muffed brings up a question that maybe Saladin can answer. The Russian Orloff looks to have a lot in common with the Malay and it is also muffed? How did that come about?
The Orloff certainly is malayoid.

Muffs appear on many different breeds of Orientals; so that would not be hard to put there. As a matter of fact, I have a very old book (can't lay my hands on it right now) that states something like this:

'Before the introduction of Orientals (read that Asil) into the English world there were no muffs or tassels on any Games.' Thus, those two things that some Game strains are famous for is claimed to actually be an Oriental trait and not a Game or Bankivoid trait.

The Orloff certainly is malayoid.

Muffs appear on many different breeds of Orientals; so that would not be hard to put there. As a matter of fact, I have a very old book (can't lay my hands on it right now) that states something like this:

'Before the introduction of Orientals (read that Asil) into the English world there were no muffs or tassels on any Games.' Thus, those two things that some Game strains are famous for is claimed to actually be an Oriental trait and not a Game or Bankivoid trait.

So the Oriental blood spread two directions: East through Polynesian routes and West through the Silk Road?

Back
Top Bottom