Malays

Nupine

Songster
12 Years
Nov 21, 2007
Ohio
I am going back and forth on what breed to specialize in for when we build a large coop in the spring. My mom hates them, but I think Malays are interesting. Does anyone have them? I have some questions. Are they aggressive? Do the hens lay well? How many eggsdo you get per hen? Are they broody? Are they cold-heat tolerent? Are they used for fighting? How much space do they need? And any other info you have.

Hey Nupine
i basicaly asked the same questions as you did last week and got no reply Hopefully the malay owners are loged on this time all i know is this
They are raised mostly for meat Though i have seen them at the shows They are the tallest of chicken breeds at 3 feet tall as well come in bantam
are slow to mature and dont do well in close confinement
note all the info im telling is from a book that i feel is not 100% acurate
hmm.png

I don't have Malays, but here is a web site about them. I don't know if you've already looked here or not but here is the web site: http://www.mypetchicken.com/Malay-B70.aspx

According
to the website, Malays are mean. But if you spend a lot of time with them and socialize them, maybe you could get some pretty decent birds. Of course, I have never owned a Malay so I wouldn't know, but that is just my guess. Good Luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom