~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
They are fairly broody just the only problem is they cant set very many eggs maybe 6 at most depending on size of bird or eggs! but they would probably set right next to silkies as far as broodiness. I have one that sets about every 6 to 8 eggs unless she is on a wire bottom cage!! Ive even had males go broody with the hen hang on I have a picture somewhere!

011.jpg
he of course was off alot more then she was but he brooded the eggs and chicks!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
They are fairly broody just the only problem is they cant set very many eggs maybe 6 at most depending on size of bird or eggs! but they would probably set right next to silkies as far as broodiness. I have one that sets about every 6 to 8 eggs unless she is on a wire bottom cage!! Ive even had males go broody with the hen hang on I have a picture somewhere!

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz265/briarpatchfarms/011.jpg he of course was off alot more then she was but he brooded the eggs and chicks!!!

AWW that is the cutest thing ever.
smile.png
My mom doesnt want any more so i can prob only talk her into 3 or 4 chicks, lol. I just want some tiny babies cuz they are so cute how they have upright tails and there wings down, haha.
Thanks
Lisa

Ok, here are some pics of the new guys. I hope these pics come out right. They should be clickable if you want to view them in greater detail.

young rooster

Hen that doesn't seem to like me very much.

Chicks 1

Chicks 2

Really not sure what this guy is doing....?

The older birds should apparently grow into themselves at some point. They were just hideous compared to the older guys that reesepoultry had but the young roo seemed much more approachable than the older guys, and I wanted pet birds that I still have a chance of being buddies with. I would have picked up that lovely white pair she had but hubby says that's too many birds for one day.
sad.png
Either way, I picked up some of their kids in my handfull of chicks, so there's a happy thought
wink.png

a couple of my birds
Phoenix and Angel
551-1.jpg

552-1.jpg

548.jpg

549.jpg

breeding your smaller/typier roos to larger hens with broader backs will ensure you get more chicks than breeding your small roos to small hens, because even though the small/typie roos's fertility is hit and miss, the larger hens lay so many eggs that a certain amount are bound to be fertile.

Tsunami and Marshmallow
554.jpg

561-1.jpg

555.jpg

556.jpg

557.jpg

563.jpg

breeding your smaller/typier hens to larger/ more vigourous cocks will ensure that the few eggs those little typie hens lay will be fertile. it is important though when using this technique and the one described above, you cull harder than you would when breeding 2 show quality birds together.

Sampson and Lacey, a Frosted Flakes pair, Sampson's beak was trimmed today after the photoshoot, lol
568.jpg

570.jpg

571.jpg

584.jpg

you will still have to cull when breeding 2 nicer quality birds together, like these two, but you can rest assured that a good portion of the chicks will resemble their parents in type.

this is their son Frosty
631.jpg

632.jpg

Mickey and Minnie
593.jpg

598.jpg

602.jpg

Micky hatched in July, Minnie hatched in May, thats why her name is Minnie, shes a slow grower
not yet named
603.jpg

604.jpg

another unnamed pair
605.jpg

these are a few of my better birds, but i have several more breeder hens and promising chicks that i didnt get a chance to photograph today

Quote:
thankyou, anybody can have birds like the if they are (like me) serious about breeding serama and willing to spend good money on their brood stock, visit scnaonline.org and visit the breeder directory if you are intrested in starting a breeding project, thats the best place to find legitamate breeders.

Austin,
I love,love,love!!! the "Frosted Flakes " pair yu have. Do they breed true? Seems so since you have the little one. Imagine them silkied!
Are you going to be breeding that color?

Hey, Austin! Are Micky and Minnie siblings? Minnie looks like what is described as Silver ginger, so Micky might be, too. OHIOCHRIS on the SCNA forum has that color, I think, and he might be able to show you a male in that variety.

Quote:
i only have one chick from them and it is a frosted flake. that rooster hatched in 08, and the yellow color is from the sun and dirt, he is the color of the hen genetically. silkied, these birds' lacing would not be as noticeable
and i breed for type, not color. but they are being bred together at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom