~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
i have some pet quality ones on the BST, but other than that, no, i bought most of the birds from Jerry though, who always has serama for sale, jerrysseramasllc.com is his site.

Lil Blue - Blue Silkied Serama
I weighed her at 9.6 oz. 2 weeks ago when she reached 4 months of age.

lilblue.jpg

Quote:
expect your birds to be close to final weight at 6-8 months of age, they will gain a gram or two though as they grow and final weight wont be reached until about 12-15 months

Over the past 4 months i have hatched 62 serama chicks out of my flock.Out of these chicks 8 have featherd legs none of my grown birds have any feathers on there legs anyone else have this problem

tn.lou :

Over the past 4 months i have hatched 62 serama chicks out of my flock.Out of these chicks 8 have featherd legs none of my grown birds have any feathers on there legs anyone else have this problem

atleast two of your birds have resessive genes that, when bred together, bring out feathered legged birds. the genes could come from the birds used to create serama in Malaysia, or, if your birds are decendants of or are frizzled serama, from the frizzled birds used to create the frizzled serama its not a problem nessecarly, just dont breed the featherlegged birds back into your flock, and eventually it will die out​

Quote:
if all of your birds are directly from Jerry i wouldnt buy anymore. even if they arent show quality yet, Jerry breeds several champions and Jerry only breeds his good birds and all his birds are related, which means, if you breed your birds correctly, the genes will work right at some point and you will get some great birds eventually, dont worry about inbreeding either, it may not be good for people, but as long as your not losing vigour, it only makes the serama better.

PS, are you on the serama message board, if not, go here http://www.scnaonline.org/scnaforums/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom