~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Right now I think they are too young to tell. They will change, change some more, then when you think they're done, POOF - they change again
lol.png
Especially since they aren't a single color. The pullet might be a Wheaton color, but the roo will keep changing, according to my experience.

Who wants freebies! I need to clean out my garage, and that means birdies, too. I've sold everything that I could get someone to pay me for (thanks Bob and Tim), and now I need to rehome what's left. I have two boys and a girl. One boy has decent type, but he's much too big. The other is little and colorful, but lacks winning type. The pullet is adorable; I have no idea why she isn't being hugged to death by someones grandchild this very moment! I will be at shows in Indiana and Frankfurt, KY next month, and I can meet you there, or I can ship, or you can come and get them! Please!
31816_img_1243.jpg
31816_img_1207.jpg
31816_img_1193.jpg

HI all! Done with my breeding for the year and now that its cool to ship, we are selling eggs from our personal breeders!! PM if you want more info! Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys! I just wanted to stop in and say hello~ it's been a while since I have been on BYC.. have been so busy at work this summer and trying to keep up outside here at home has taken almost ALL spare time! lol
smile.png
Love everyone's pictures. I have 3 new babies hatched--they are about a month old now I guess.. looks like two girls and a boy this time--if you remember my last hatch was all ROOS! They found a home thankfully, as that put my roo population in the yard over the top. I'll try to get some pictures today, they are cute.
The post with the picture comparing how much the Serama changes as they grow is SO true! (sorry I can't remember who that was.. olden memory is forgetful) Because I had taken some pictures of that pack of roos (The Hoodlums) and they didn't show very good type, but by the time they left here they all had a nice V shape to them.
Hope you are all having a nice Fall...

**here's some pictures--hard to get because they are so fast and they were busy doing important 'chicken stuff'..**
Mama Cleo and the roo
48881_p1000652.jpg

one of the girls.
48881_p1000653.jpg

Last edited:
Freebies are gone! And I promise not to use Freecycle anymore. I got admonished twice for how I worded my posts, once with capitol letters and fairly aggressive punctuation!
hide.gif
Anyway, it's annoying to sort through all the "Wanted: working washer and dryer, Wanted: dependable car that is good on gas, Wanted: rent money".
he.gif

Quote:
I'd say it's closer to depressing. The growing desperation outweighs my inconvenience.

As for coloration changes... this little yellow chick under Peanut

peanuttrio3.jpg

... soon changed to this:

peanuttrio6months.jpg

... and now she is completely brown.

She's a crazy layer too. She wouldn't sit so I put her clutch under a broody and she started laying again 6 days later.
She laid 12 eggs this time and I'm not sure she's done yet!

edit: Just went outside. 13 eggs. lol.
edit again: Recount shows 14 total eggs.
ep.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I really hate Freecycle. People post things like "Offer: Used Toilet" (no...I'm not kidding), then want crazy stuff like boats. I posted a fridge and got like 30 people asking for it. Are that many people going without refrigerated foods??? Eh, pet peeve. I keep telling myself to take myself off the list, but I keep deleting the posts and forgetting to click remove first. xD

Not sure I'd give away birds over Freecycle, they'd probably get eaten
sad.png

Goodbye dear Stella! You were a beautiful bird, and I love you. I thought you were tired of living in your little pen, so you spent the night outside, where you love it, but you slept too close to the fence, and some rascal tried to pull you through by your head. I'm so sorry that I didn't attend to Cannonball's strange crowing this morning when I got home from work, but you were probably already gone. He misses you, too, by the way. I tried to console him as he was wandering alone on the patio this afternoon, but I think he's rather be by himself; maybe he blames me? I know he's not a warrier, but it must have been horrible for him to watch you be so cruelly attacked; there's nothing he could have done if he wanted to.
You were an inspiration to all who met you: my neices who played with you in their toy kitchen, the lady at the oil change place who fed you nuts off of her sundae, and the visitors in your yard. Everyone was amazed at how you "kept on trucking" without any toes, and raised a clutch of babies at that! Your children are beautiful, and I will love them forever. I was going to bring you to a show next month and play a joke on Edgar, dropping you onto the table and telling him, "she doesn't have a number, I can't keep bands on her for some reason!" You would have been a hit! Now, though, you are buried as I want to be; naked in the garden, to nourish beautiful flowers for the rest of time. I'm going to find a really nice fern to plant over you. You are whole now, frolicking as birdies should on the other side of the rainbow bridge, where the grass is lush, the dust feels good, and the ants line up for your enjoyment. Goodbye, dear princess, I love you.

31816_img_1166.jpg
31816_stella_chicks.jpg
31816_img_0384.jpg
31816_img_0358.jpg
31816_stellaa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom