~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
No, but I had to add more water to the Brinsea and when I shut the lid back quickly I heard peeping!
wee.gif
ya.gif

I'm kind of worried that they haven't pipped yet...do you think the shells are really hard?

They will be ok. Nothing you can/or should do at this point but wait! I have stopped expecting them on day 18. Much better to just be surprised than endure all this waiting!
wink.png

Hang on...your getting close...
pop.gif

I just hatched out 3 more little bitty Serama chicks!!!!
wee.gif
I will try to post some pics when I get some. Also 8 Japanese. The Seramas are so hard to hatch!! I was getting nervous that they were going to die in the egg like my last one did, so I manually pipped them. 3 came out o.k. and 2 died...
hit.gif
This is my 3rd hatch. The first ones were the easiest, but also the biggest eggs. I hope someday I will get this down.

Quote:
as far as C AND D'S go Cull hard that is easy. the going to see the birds there is hardly anyone here that breeds them LOL all the way across the state is one and one other guy is kina close 1 hr away LOL sometimes eggs are your best option
smile.png

I second this...it's hard to always go and see birds at a breeder, plus I really think it depends on what you want Seramas for. I don't raise them for show so I love my C and D birds. Any chicks that I sell are sold as pet quality for people like me who enjoy the breed. I am not trying to perfect the breed, just get a nice small flock for my personal enjoyment.

why buy low grade and cull and go to all that trouble i would like to better the breed, then sell Cs and Ds i breed for standard and color not low grade

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I HAVE 3 PIPS!!!!!
wee.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Soooo excited!! Still waiting on the other two eggs to do something...oh the Suspense!

ETA: How long should it take now?
pop.gif

Yay! Now it will be even harder to wait!
wink.png
Sometimes they will pip and zip fairly quickly (less than an hour) others take FOREVER (12 hours or more)! Now you can watch for more cracks in the egg that go around like a little zipper. I had one chick that was so good at the process, I could have sworn he had a little power saw in there.
lol.png
Others can be a bit slow. Give them time, hatching is exhausting work!
pop.gif
Make a new pot of coffe or tea. It's gonna be a long night.
caf.gif

Last edited:
LAseramas :

why buy low grade and cull and go to all that trouble i would like to better the breed, then sell Cs and Ds i breed for standard and color not low grade

You are free to do as you want just like all the rest of us.

Please let's not start an argument and ruin this very nice long thread with all the great pictures and information that it contains.

Why don't you just share some pictures of your Serama with us?​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom