Male ducks fighting - or predator?

I'd put up hardware cloth on all openings like in your setting. mink and weasel could easily get through those openings. And they are brutal. So most likely not either of them they wouldn't stop with an injury.
Put your injured one in with the females [not chickens they are attracted to wounds] Wash his wounds real good with saline then neosporin and when you get help get some good pics of his wounds. I don't know how another drake could cause a wound under his wing on his body.

Last edited:
I have three drakes that were los tres amigos until the Holidays when my two muscovies started fighting and at the same time started bullying the pekin. I think their male hormones are kicking in as the muscovies are about 6 months old. They are particularly vicious with the much smaller pekin drake in the coop at night. The pekin started having marks on his neck when he came out in the morning and then the muscovies started pulling his wing feathers and biting his wings. I tried getting up and letting them out at first light, but they had already attacked the pekin. It's gotten so bad that the little pekin is now sleeping in the house although he is out free ranging with the muscovies during the day -- he can run faster than they can.

I do wonder if your drakes are getting raging hormones and that your white duck is being bullied at night in the coop.

I would separate the white drake from the others in the coop until you know what is going on with him.

Back
Top Bottom