Male or Female Ameraucana?

Easter Eggers are every bit as wonderful, I actually like mine better than my standard-sized Ameraucanas. :love (I say standard because I do love my bantam Wheatens very much :D)
Meyer Hatchery offers Blue/Black/Splash Ameraucanas, and Cackle Hatchery sells those three varieties in addition to Lavender, White, and Buff. :) Not to mention local breeders. ;)

~Alex

Easter Eggers are every bit as wonderful, I actually like them better. :love
Meyer Hatchery offers Blue/Black/Splash Ameraucanas, and Cackle Hatchery sells those three varieties in addition to Lavender, White, and Buff. :) Not to mention local breeders. ;)

~Alex
I got my chick from our local farm store that said she was an Ameracauna. I might be able to ask around if anyone raises them.

I got my chick from our local farm store that said she was an Ameracauna. I might be able to ask around if anyone raises them.
I'd make sure they sell true, honest-to-goodness Ameraucanas, just so you get what you're paying for. :) Generally the best way to tell is, AMs come in recognized color varieties, such as Blue, Black, Splash, Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, Buff, Lavender, ect.. Easter Eggers are a mixed bag of everything under the sun. :)

~Alex

I'd make sure they sell true, honest-to-goodness Ameraucanas, just so you get what you're paying for. :) Generally the best way to tell is, AMs come in recognized color varieties, such as Blue, Black, Splash, Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, Buff, Lavender, ect.. Easter Eggers are a mixed bag of everything under the sun. :)

~Alex
IMG_3602.JPG
Isn't that the truth! This is a picture of my sweet Tink, and EE but as you can see she's got some blue mixed in with her brown, one of the more unique EE colorings I have seen, we lover her so much!

View attachment 1292487
Isn't that the truth! This is a picture of my sweet Tink, and EE but as you can see she's got some blue mixed in with her brown, one of the more unique EE colorings I have seen, we lover her so much!
Oh my, she's absolutely stunning! :love And beardless, which, in my opinion, makes for an even more interesting look. ;)
Please tell her I said so, too, if you get the chance! :p:love

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom