Male or female Rocks?

CarronJune

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 26, 2013
I incubated 7 eggs from my neighbor and they are now 3 months and 1 week old. Two of them are Rocks, you know, with the specks all through them. They seem to have matured faster than the other 5. The rooster has a beautiful comb already, but so does the female, only smaller. The rooster has longer tail feathers. Looks like a male and female to me. But the last couple of days I've noticed the "female" chasing the Seabrights (they're laying eggs) she/he was raised with, even trying to jump on the little females like she/he is trying to mate with them. Could these both be males, only one hasn't matured as fast as the other one, born on the same day? I've never had chickens before this fall and am learning all kinds of things quickly. I'm gathering wood to build a decent chicken coop so I can try to separate them all a little better, or get rid of too many rooster if that's the case. I also have a golden seabright rooster (with 4 hens) and a silver seabright rooster (with 1 hen) starting to fight over the girls, got to get that coop built and separate them. Any help would be appreciated.

welcome-byc.gif
They could both be males. Just like humans some chickens mature more slowly than others.

Back
Top Bottom