Male or Female

SouthofBoston

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
My first post!

We received our first batch of barred rock pullets a couple of weeks ago and noticed that two of them are a lighter color than the rest and one of the two has started to develop headgear.

So what do you guys think?

Thanks,

Gary

Last edited:
Wowza! That's some "headgear" on those little barred rocks! LOL!! Barred rock males always feather out significantly lighter than females. And those bright red combs popping up early gives your answer...cockerels!!

JK - your chick is too young for me to guess gender. Not sure what breed either? Red star? New Hampshire? It's cute.

Thanks I figured as much. The first two pics are the same chick. The third picture is the back side of the first chick and in the middle is the other that I suspect is a roo.

JKs chick looks like a Rhode Island Red to me.

these are my new 6 babies not sure what breed or sex but like always i will love them and take good care of them like i do with the rest of my chicks have 8 others 9 weeks old they are 4 australorps and 4 white leghorns all females but these babies i will have to see later what i got

i have 8 other chicks and 2 ducks that are all 9 weeks old im not really good on names beings there so many for me so i call them all my babies lol

Back
Top Bottom