Male or Female

Some people have no scruples. I bought some unsexed heritage chicks from a produce store and they understand that some buyers are not allowed to keep roos due to zoning. They just ask that you return them (no money back of course) for adoption by people who like the heritage chooks.
I also managed through developing a local interest in the breeds, to find some lovely ladies in Brisbane, Australia who will adopt pretty much any chookie. That's where I got my lovely little Millie Fleur D'Uccle chicks.
My sister in law and nephew were saying have I noticed any feral roosters dumped in parks by people who cannot keep roosters, I haven't, but apparently my nephew was chased by one recently.
Of course I will be disappointed in giving up any roosters, but at least I know they will be safe and sound, and maybe I will be lucky enough to get an offspring from them if they are bred be the women I mentioned earlier. By the way I have also offered to 'stable' any of my purebred hens with them for a few weeks.
Unfortunately I will not be getting any more chickens till my flock is thinned by natural causes. Sigh

Here are some better photos

Back
Top Bottom