Male quail doing egg call?

Birds1243

Chirping
Dec 23, 2023
My quail has been making a crying noise recently. I searched it up and it came up with the egg call. But he is a male. Why is he crying?

Welcome To BYC:frow

Can you get a video of the sound?

Upload video to YouTube and provide a link.

Thanks!
I’ll try my best but it’s quite difficult as it’s at random and only sometimes. This is exactly what it sound like -

(0.27)

Photos of your birds? If it's not obvious who's who we'll need help with i.d. from @Nabiki 🤣 I mean they have to be the obvious for me to tell. I have some white ones...no clue! I have to look at butts then I forget which is which:oops: Yep.

I suppose a Male could make that noise, I've not had any of mine make it. I do have a few girls that whine like that though usually when another is looking at them👀 or hogging a dust bathing bowl.

Photos of your birds? If it's not obvious who's who we'll need help with i.d. from @Nabiki 🤣 I mean they have to be the obvious for me to tell. I have some white ones...no clue! I have to look at butts then I forget which is which:oops: Yep.

I suppose a Male could make that noise, I've not had any of mine make it. I do have a few girls that whine like that though usually when another is looking at them👀 or hogging a dust bathing bowl.
He is definitely a male 🤣

Back
Top Bottom