Malfunction! Hatched with a hooked neck... (pics)

heeh ijust realized Candycane has a pet moth as a buddy..
big_smile.png
wink.png

resting comfortably may have been a stretch. I had to seperate her from the other two in the brooder, she's now in a little basket in there. She was flopping so much they started looking at her like she was crazy not to mention they couldn't get any rest with her rolling everywhere.

vitamins administered

The worst part of all of this is, this is likely my fault. I know, I know, everyone says it, and often it's true and this is one of those cases.

My 1st hatch went well, although I didn't realize how well and I thought I messed THAT one up because I didn't follow the incubator instructions, but instead measured my humidity carefully, overriding the instructions and using cups etc for Rh regulation.

Well.. so this time I promised myself I would follow the instructions to a T and did. Which equalled a good 58+% constant humidy during incubation

Then two weeks in i ordered another of the same incubators for my turkeys and when it came almost a week later, I found that it had DIFFERENT instructions for filling the water trays. So I tried the "new" way with the new turkeys and PERFECTO, 45% humidity dead on.

Unfortunately, this came much too late in the incubation of these poor chicks. I even had a water wiggler this time, as if that means something.

Candy doesn't seem to be doing well... shaking a little, and well.. flat on her back.

58 is high, but dont blame yourself !!!! Things happen, even with the perfect temps and hum things can happen !!!! next time try to keep you hum at 35-40. Good luck with candy cane
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom