Mallard duck Eggs moving Day 20 ~ help

Mish915

In the Brooder
May 4, 2017
Hello ~

I'm hatching duck eggs in a still air incubator. It is day 20 and some of my eggs are shaking and rolling around. This is my first hatch and I'm not sure what I should be doing? Should they go in lockdown and up Humitdy? Should I move them back to the X or O position when they roll? I've been searching for hours and can't figure out what I should be doing. I'm freaking out and don't want to screw anything up. Thank you. Michele

humidity is ~ 52
Temp is ~100

Hello ~

I'm hatching duck eggs in a still air incubator. It is day 20 and some of my eggs are shaking and rolling around. This is my first hatch and I'm not sure what I should be doing? Should they go in lockdown and up Humitdy? Should I move them back to the X or O position when they roll? I've been searching for hours and can't figure out what I should be doing. I'm freaking out and don't want to screw anything up. Thank you. Michele

humidity is ~ 52
Temp is ~100
hi! WELCOME TO BYC!!!

are you 100% sure they are duck eggs? it seems early to me for a mallard egg to be moving on day 20
but candle and check aircells, and if they look good then you can def 'lockdown' early

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Yes I'm positive they're duck eggs. Do you know if I should stop moving them back to the X, O, when they roll on their own? Here are the photos I just took. I hope I uploaded them right?

The air cells are starting to get really big ~ I've been scoring the website looking for answers on if I should lockdown. It's day 22 and the eggs are still rocking. I can see in the bottom of the air cell some movement and plan to keep turning til day 25, praying this is right. I don't here any chirping but do see movement.

the aircells look good to me
its not as important to turn in the last week or so
so you dont have to
keep an eye for internal pips then up your humidity

Good Luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom