mallard or rouen?

Here's a picture of Muscovies that look very similar to those th OP posted a picture of.

They could very well be black/blue Sweds, but they also look like the Scovies in this picture. Who knows, maybe you could have mules. You won't nkow for sure what you have until they grow up.

WelcometoBYC.gif

Mallard - One eye stripe

Rouen- Two eye stripes
NOT always accurate!!! My Mallard babies had 2 stripes as babies & they are DEFINITELY Mallards.

every pic i have looked at shows mallard babies with one eye strip and rouen with 2 even cackle hatchery will tell you this and so will other hatcheries. my 2 hatchery mallards only had one eye strip and it works 100% of the time. are you sure the hatchery didnt send tsc the wrong birds that got labeled wrong?

I agree hdowden. Mallards have a black stripe running across their eyes. Not real sure but the rest look like blue or black sweedish. I have 1 that hatched a few days ago and I have been told it is a sweedish. These little ones look exactly like mine, although, mine is some kind of mix. mine has black legs and black toes but the webbing on its feet is orange.

every pic i have looked at shows mallard babies with one eye strip and rouen with 2 even cackle hatchery will tell you this and so will other hatcheries. my 2 hatchery mallards only had one eye strip and it works 100% of the time. are you sure the hatchery didnt send tsc the wrong birds that got labeled wrong?
Nope...DEFINITELY Mallards. They are coming into adult feathering at just under 3 months & are no where near big enuf to be rouens. I have a KC, a B&W Magpie, a Blue Swedish, & a black runner who are as big as the 2 Mallards are & they are only 3 1/2 weeks old. Even my 2 rouen/call mixes are bigger than my Mallards and they are only 2 months old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom