MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Now that the "little" girls have grown up, I have re-re-evaluated the breed of my two older ducks. They are definitely mallards. The rest of my ducks are twice their size. I didn't realize how tiny they were until I saw my seven-week-old Blue Swedish towering over them. They don't have clipped toes, though, so they may have come from a local breeder or something. I really don't know where they got them.

So. Peek and Poke are mallards. I don't have to guess anymore.

My mallards from my feed store don't have clipped toes. Is there anything I can do to prevent getting "in trouble" for having assumed "wild" mallards?

If you hatch your own "domestic" mallards do you have to clip a toe?

My mallards from my feed store don't have clipped toes. Is there anything I can do to prevent getting "in trouble" for having assumed "wild" mallards?

If you hatch your own "domestic" mallards do you have to clip a toe?

That's a really good question. I don't know how it works.

Last night I had 7 healthy looking Mallard ducklings and 2 eggs left to go. I am afraid that they were laid some time after the others started incubating and they will be too late. I had one that had pipped but didn't make it out of the egg.

Hello at what age will I know for sure if I have a hen or a drake? Silas is colored now like a hen though my baby has green on the top of the head! Beautiful but I am new and not sure.

This is my house duck Silas loved and cared for. I am asking cause I was told my baby won't have adult feathers till 10-14 weeks. Either way my baby is loved and cared for!

Back
Top Bottom