MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

look i have the genetic test to prove i have balck mallards and yes ,oldie, they are pure bred mallards for your information that certainly shows what you know claiming to be so wise. when i have the genetic tests to prove my birds. also its called show qaulity show quality mallards are not supposed to be super skinny i raise her on a show mans diet so of course she not going to be racy.
I am a general licensed poultry judge. Exhibition/show Mallards are small and racy. Real Mallards should have a 4 inch bill and be so strong that you can hardly hold on to them.

Walt

I am a general licensed poultry judge. Exhibition/show Mallards are small and racy. Real Mallards should have a 4 inch bill and be so strong that you can hardly hold on to them.

Walt
My little wild Mallards sure were strong... Salty they flew away, but I guess that's what they do.
hit.gif

I sure do miss them, especially this one:

-Kathy

She could be a black sport from Mallards. How were they tested to determine it was pure Mallard. By who?
I'm just curious. She looked black as a duckling. Look on the inside joint of the wings. That will probably have a subdued Mallard pattern.

Walt

She could be a black sport from Mallards. How were they tested to determine it was pure Mallard. By who?
I'm just curious. She looked black as a duckling. Look on the inside joint of the wings. That will probably have a subdued Mallard pattern.

Walt
our local vet did.

yeah before her chest started turning white it was like the brindle brown wild pattern of her sisters.

Last edited:
Quote: lol, she was... she was one that someone found in their yard and tried to dump at the feed store while I was there. Let one of the ducks raise her then she flew away... Had one show up the other day, acting kind of friendly, maybe it was her?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom