MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

No, they don't, but they do enjoy flying around the yard!
I worry mine will try to fly away

Thanks everyone for the replys about mallard eggs. After a few days I have discovered it is in fact a mallard egg! I'm up to 6 now. They are going in the incubator today! And praying for a great hatch! I couldn't be more excited to get little ones from Fred and Ethel lol. Thanks again

Snow flake went broody on new eggs. There hidden these time in the dog house I can't see them there way in the back

The dog house just for the ducks? I hope everything goes well and no broken eggs!

Thanks everyone for the replys about mallard eggs. After a few days I have discovered it is in fact a mallard egg! I'm up to 6 now. They are going in the incubator today! And praying for a great hatch! I couldn't be more excited to get little ones from Fred and Ethel lol. Thanks again

Exciting! Did she make a nest or did she lay at random places? I put my 2 mallard eggs in the incubator last Sunday, I can't wait to candle them :fl
Do not forget NOT to turn the eggs the first 24 hours :)

She did make a nest in a hay bale. I have them setting in my egg turner on a shlef with it plugged in so they are definitely getting turned.

Oh my bad I totally read that wrong lol thanks for the heads up. I've done tons of chicken eggs and quail eggs but this is a first for duck eggs.

I worried at first too, but I think because they were raised here, and don't know where else to go they don't wish to leave. Is that pair your only ducks, and did you raise them as ducklings? Do you ever let them out of their pen?
we have had them since they were babies. We move there pen twice a week. In process of making bigger pen.im worried they will fly away we live close to a river and duck hunters. They have got out before and we got them out Alot during the winter on cold nights and brought them in. They are my babies my girl started sitting a week ago and my boy is so lonely
this is her first time and I don't know what to expect? We did get two pekin ducklings they are 4 wk old now.

Back
Top Bottom