Malposition Chick - Lump on Shoulder

Little one's doing well so far. Have had one new hatch; one new pip and one new start to zip, so 4 in the brooder now.

Lump has gone down and looking much fluffier (aside from the head). Has had its first sip of water and isn't having trouble getting around; able to climb into the straw nest base under the heat lamp.

Little one's doing well so far. Have had one new hatch; one new pip and one new start to zip, so 4 in the brooder now.

Lump has gone down and looking much fluffier (aside from the head). Has had its first sip of water and isn't having trouble getting around; able to climb into the straw nest base under the heat lamp.
Do you know what breeds your hatching? Just interested, I’ve never hatched eggs in an incubator . 🙂

Do you know what breeds your hatching? Just interested, I’ve never hatched eggs in an incubator . 🙂
Golden Campine and BBS Orpington.

Ended up with 3 orpington and 4 Campine. Had a lot of eggs that never internally pipped - all were on the corners of the incubator, so wondering if cold spots got them. I wasn't monitoring the edges after lockdown - probably should have.

Golden Campine and BBS Orpington.

Ended up with 3 orpington and 4 Campine. Had a lot of eggs that never internally pipped - all were on the corners of the incubator, so wondering if cold spots got them. I wasn't monitoring the edges after lockdown - probably should have.
Interesting! Keep us updated! How’s the chick doing? Walking normally?

Interesting! Keep us updated! How’s the chick doing? Walking normally?
Turning into the cheekiest of the bunch. Had to do a third bath today to keep 'her?' bum from pooping up and now she's all fluffed up again except for the back if her head where her down is still matted.

Doesn't bother her tho.. she tramples where she wants and is a bit if a pest, pecking at the younger siblings. I say her, cause her legs are quite petite; we'll see who's who in about 3 weeks - boys are supposed to redden up super early.

For Campines, the girls are all supposed to have a floppy cob and the boy, upright. 3 of the four were born with their comb to the side. Not sure if this would be indicative of gender, but I suppose we'll find out soonish.

Turning into the cheekiest of the bunch. Had to do a third bath today to keep 'her?' bum from pooping up and now she's all fluffed up again except for the back if her head where her down is still matted.

Doesn't bother her tho.. she tramples where she wants and is a bit if a pest, pecking at the younger siblings. I say her, cause her legs are quite petite; we'll see who's who in about 3 weeks - boys are supposed to redden up super early.

For Campines, the girls are all supposed to have a floppy cob and the boy, upright. 3 of the four were born with their comb to the side. Not sure if this would be indicative of gender, but I suppose we'll find out soonish.
Aww, they have the funniest personalities! 😂🥰🐔

Back
Top Bottom