Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

SunHawk is correct, the sooner they can be introduced to the other birds the better. Unfortunately I cannot do that as there is no electricity near enough to my pen to power the MHP.
How far away is your coop from the house? You can buy a construction grade extension cord for not much money. Very good investment IMO to keep the chick mess out of your house.

How far away is your coop from the house? You can buy a construction grade extension cord for not much money. Very good investment IMO to keep the chick mess out of your house.
About 200 feet. And I use the garage for brooding, not the house. I am thinking of electrically attaching my new coop to the shed power, which is much closer, at least for temporary uses like keeping water liquid when it gets below freeing and brooding if I don't have a cooperative hen.

Advice Needed: So I put my newborn chicks into my MHP. Temp looked fine at 95 degrees and newborns spent most of day underneath it. Now that it is evening they are out of the MHP and huddled in the corner peeping loud. Temp seems fine so I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas? Chicks first night is tonight.

Advice Needed: So I put my newborn chicks into my MHP. Temp looked fine at 95 degrees and newborns spent most of day underneath it. Now that it is evening they are out of the MHP and huddled in the corner peeping loud. Temp seems fine so I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas? Chicks first night is tonight.
I guess I should say, temp is 95 with no one in the MHP.. maybe it is getting too hot with them all under there? There are about 16 or so right now.

Back
Top Bottom