Man arrested, cuffed after using $2 bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
It's taught.
wink.png
It doesn't mean people remember, especially when the currency isn't common anymore.

I feel bad for that poor man. How humiliating!

I am absolutely OUTRAGED!!! My blood is absolutely boiling that this man had to be humiliated like this! To be put in handcuffs and LEGIRONS???

I know that this country has turned into a bunch of sue happy idiots sometimes but this man most certainly has a case here.

Laurie

Quote:
It's taught.
wink.png
It doesn't mean people remember, especially when the currency isn't common anymore.

Lol then I must just be getting too old to remember them teaching me.
lol.png

Quote:
It's taught.
wink.png

Chicken Lady he may be poor now but not for long.
wink.png

I'd sue Best buy! I hate that place anyway......

We have been giving my daughter $2 bills since she was little. Some people are so stupid!

Since the article is so old, it would be interesting to know what the follow up was. If I understand the law correctly, businesses do not have to take annoyance payments (paying a $250 with all pennies, or trying to pay bus fare with a $50) but they do have to take legal tender. I believe that in this case the bill would have to be forgiven, because the man paid with legal money and it was refused.

Sometimes police officers have somewhat less than good judgment. Of course the guy was looking for trouble and he found it.

It's called the dumbing down of the american teenager, I run into them all the time, they just don't want to be bothered is the common response.

AL

I get 2 dollar bills at the bank also. Just to watch people faces when i use them. WOW Would have been better to have payed with pennies(cents)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom