1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Man oh Man have I gotten myself into a pickle

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Oct 2, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

BYC'ers friend me all the time on Facebook, and I accepted a request a while back and after the fact sent her a message. She sent a smile and "No, you don't know me". So today, she posts an invite in her status to the upcoming Spice of Life festival - HERE WHERE I LIVE. She has a website. OH MAN - she is running for city council!!!! A politician. My pickle is that I am the Clerk of the Board for Victor Valley Transit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot unfriend her!!! Now I have to be good on FACEBOOK TOO?????

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ETA: please no one worry about me putting all this personal stuff out there - all you have to do is google my name - I'm first.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    AND, now you have to hope she does not take an interest in chickens and runs across this site.

[​IMG]

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    You can unfriend her. She said you don't know her.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'd just un-friend her. She dosent really know you..
    She dosent know what you do for work, or does she?

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    LOL at least she asked you instead of the other way around! We got your back!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:The ONLY way should would have found me is through VVTA..... I need to talk to my boss about it. There is a tenuous line between transit and the cities due to funding requirements.... ARGH!

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Doesn't matter; Unfriend her whether she knows where you work or not. You didn't know who she was and you reserve friends for BYC and FRIENDS.

This is why I'm mean, and don't friend anyone unless they know a LOT of my friends or say they are from BYC or are a relative....

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I wouldnt stress about it..
    its your personal business..just un-friend her..
    whats she gonna do? pout?? [​IMG]

9. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Hmm, either unfriend her or make a FB account with the name "The Masked Woman" [​IMG]

10. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    When you friend someone, they get an email notifying them of the request. When you unfriend someone, they do NOT get a notification. So unless she specifically goes looking for you in her friends list, she would never even notice. You can test this out by asking a close friend to unfriend you and see if you get a notification, but that has been my experience.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by