Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Funny you said that. I was standing in front of my fridge today, admiring my pot of eggs! I would love to have some blues and olives in there too, but then, I might never use them! They are so pretty, I cringe every time I crack one open.
gig.gif

yeah....I love them. I don't dye eggs for easter anymore...I just cook them up and then decorate them with drawings or painting pics or designs.

I have one blue copper hen, that every great once in a while, I get a bloomed egg that is sorta mauvish but I have tried setting them and they never hatch. I don't know if they are more porous or what. It's wierd. I wonder if you crossed a mauvish layer to an Ameraucana and got it to hatch if you could a nicer purple?

I might have to try that and see what happens. I have a few layer girls that lay mauvy eggs, so might have to try them with my only Ameraucana Ghengis....he's such a turd sometimes...

Vicki - sorry to hear about your blue girl...

Debbi - I'm with you - ducklings are SO very cute, but sooooo messy!!!

I've been busy outside trying to keep up with all the new chicks and getting everyone set for the summer - building runs and planning a row house, preparing the land, plus getting ready to have the entire family over for Easter.

So far, I've sold:
47 pullets
30 roos
42 chicks

and another guy wants 25 hens!
wee.gif

At least the feed $$ that was going to all those pullets will now be going to lots of chickies!

I've been busy outside trying to keep up with all the new chicks and getting everyone set for the summer - building runs and planning a row house, preparing the land, plus getting ready to have the entire family over for Easter.

So far, I've sold:
47 pullets
30 roos
42 chicks

wee.gif

At least the feed $$ that was going to all those pullets will now be going to lots of chickies!

Wow you are really smokin this spring. Congrats! I thought my musovy ducklings were messy till I got goslings. They are messy as ducks and make GIANT POOPS LOL.

So far, I've sold:
47 pullets
30 roos
42 chicks

wee.gif

awesome job lady! I don't even know what I'm doing the last few days...just spread in all directions lately. I'll catch up tho!

Ick - No goslings....the Canadian Geese migrate through here twice a year b/c we have a lake system and make a MESS!!
I'd never do that to myself on purpose! haha

Thanks - not bad sales for 10 days (and my first try!!)
I'm VERY relieved to be done with all those girls, but already feeling a little overwhelmed by all the chickies!!

Gonna give hatching a break to see what I have before I hatch more!

Ick - No goslings....the Canadian Geese migrate through here twice a year b/c we have a lake system and make a MESS!!
I'd never do that to myself on purpose! haha

Thanks - not bad sales for 10 days (and my first try!!)
I'm VERY relieved to be done with all those girls, but already feeling a little overwhelmed by all the chickies!!

Gonna give hatching a break to see what I have before I hatch more!
haha overwhelmed by chickers! haha...I know how that goes. I'm not yet, but ask me in about a month and I'll probably agree with you! I'm gonna be making a pass through and separating the boys that don't make the cut to go to a finishing pen...the girls that don't make the cut will go to a grow out pen to sell as layers. That should help things significantly I think

Back
Top Bottom