Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Vicki = I love those boys, especially the light blue guy!
(sure you can't stuff a bird or two into your luggage if/when you visit your friend-??-)
tongue.png

Whatever happened with that birchen boy, too??

Pink - thanks for posting the definitions!!
I'm sorry - I'm still not understanding the difference between Enamel White and Positive Enamel White
The definitions seem to be explaining the same thing - "satin-like white"

This is just a tinge of white in a crease on the ear lobe....
I'm sorry if I'm not explaining it well...

I can try for a pic! Maybe that will help!!

Vicki = I love those boys, especially the light blue guy!
(sure you can't stuff a bird or two into your luggage if/when you visit your friend-??-)
tongue.png

Whatever happened with that birchen boy, too??

Pink - thanks for posting the definitions!!
I'm sorry - I'm still not understanding the difference between Enamel White and Positive Enamel White
The definitions seem to be explaining the same thing - "satin-like white"

This is just a tinge of white in a crease on the ear lobe....
I'm sorry if I'm not explaining it well...

I can try for a pic! Maybe that will help!!
Thanks lady. I love that blue too! Hes just such a beefcake with this little sweet personality that is curious about everything. We might be able to arrange something for whenever I can finally come visit.
The birchen boy ended up having some red leakage and didn't think it would be worth it as I had finally gotten rid of the red in mine, and am working on the cream now...so choose your battles I guess.
The sale went pretty good tonight. Made enough money to cover feed for several weeks, and I made more space in my pens. I will do some processing hopefully next week on some birds and will be down some more, so win win.

Vicki - I'm going to work on a picture day this weekend again.

I was looking at my 2-3mth olds and I want to see if the ones I'm thinking are good, really are!!

I also have to get new pics of my cockerels and potential roos!

Can anyone point me to a good Americauna thread? (Donna?)

My B/B/S Wheaten Americauna are now 3-4mths and it's time to do the first culling on cockerels!
I have 3 black wheaten, 1 blue wheaten, and 1 splash wheaten 4mth olds
2 blue and 1 splash wheaten 10wk olds

Even if I could get down to 2 four month olds and let the 10 wk olds grow, that would still get rid of 3!!

Good news!!
We have an appt for a bird sale 2 Saturdays from now!!
We have cages reserved - yipee!!

Hoping to go through all my youngsters and really thin a bunch out!!

Vicki - I'm going to work on a picture day this weekend again.

I was looking at my 2-3mth olds and I want to see if the ones I'm thinking are good, really are!!

I also have to get new pics of my cockerels and potential roos!

Can anyone point me to a good Americauna thread? (Donna?)

My B/B/S Wheaten Americauna are now 3-4mths and it's time to do the first culling on cockerels!
I have 3 black wheaten, 1 blue wheaten, and 1 splash wheaten 4mth olds
2 blue and 1 splash wheaten 10wk olds

Even if I could get down to 2 four month olds and let the 10 wk olds grow, that would still get rid of 3!!

Good news!!
We have an appt for a bird sale 2 Saturdays from now!!
We have cages reserved - yipee!!

Hoping to go through all my youngsters and really thin a bunch out!!
Here ya go

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...s-and-discussing-our-birds/16170#post_9101786

I want to see pics of your splash.... I think I may have one but not sure. Never seen a pic of a splash wheaten chick.

Thanks!

I can't tell you which ones were splash wheaten as chicks - they were all plain yellow chicks!!

I can definitely see the splash wheaten in the roos - they are gorgeous!

The little pullets - not so much, still trying to decide who is blue and who is splash!!

Last edited:
Thanks!

I can't tell you which ones were splash wheaten as chicks - they were all plain yellow chicks!!

I can definitely see the splash wheaten in the roos - they are gorgeous!

The little pullets - not so much, still trying to decide who is blue and who is splash!!
I have a chick that could be splash... I don't know...it is all white... I really have to hunt that wheaten chick down. I may have lost that chick when we were in FL.... I lost several chicks
hit.gif
most were EE, but I looked at their tags and I didn't see one that was wheaten.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom