Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

I'm about 98% sure that that 1st picture is mine. (haha, so funny to see it reposted)... I'm just not home to look through my computer for that exact picture.

I attempted to load up a picture of my BCM x BR rooster, but it won't let me load any pictures... but you can see both my hen and rooster as they aged from days old to 19 weeks...at the bottom half of this blog post.
http://www.wanderingcreekacres.blogspot.com/p/chicken-hatch-2013.html
Happy to give you credit if you find it...this was a Google search for photos of that cross.

Hey all I have a question I just recently purchased some blue copper and blue splash marans chicks is it normal for the to have a white feather on the end of there wings thanks

I just purchased three cookoo marans and an olive egger. I know nothing about chickens, but want to learn. As long as I have hens and not roosters, I'm happy.

Hi there!
I was told when I bought these little cuties they were copper marans. I think one might be but via an internet search I think the other is maybe a splash maran? Any help would be greatly appreciated, oh and are they

pullets or cockerels?

The white one with blue splashes is a blue splash marans the other looks like a blue or blue copper marans

Hi there!
I was told when I bought these little cuties they were copper marans. I think one might be but via an internet search I think the other is maybe a splash maran? Any help would be greatly appreciated, oh and are they

pullets or cockerels?
When you get eggs from blue copper Marans, it's 25% splash, 50% blue, and 25% black possible with each egg. They look like cockerels to me but not sure on the splash due to the angle of the photo.

Hi everyone...long time winter..anyways hope everyone is doing great, getting busy with the hatches & garden !!!
I am searching for Pure Black Marans, PM if anyone has any please.
In the mean time, I'll do my best to pop back on as I can.
I finally bought a new puter.
My old one has 1/2 a gig-a-RAM...the new one has 18.
18 whole ones, not halves.

The old one is 2001.............LOL
Yep, it is high time !
And XP is no longer supported.
sad.png

Now all's I gotta do is trick one of my kids into coming here & downloading all my files & photos, and uploading them on the new puter.

In the mean time, the new tower makes a dandy footstool !
idunno.gif

I am no computer whiz !

Back
Top Bottom